During the European volcanic ash grounding in April 2010, EasyJet’s head of engineering Ian Davies began to wonder if there was a better way, so he googled volcanic ash and emerged with a name: Dr Fred Prata of NILU, the Norwegian Institute of Air Research. Dr Fred had been working for years on systems for […]
Archive | December, 2011
On 15 November the Independent Pilots Association launched a campaign to attract British Airline Pilots Association members. The IPA was capitalising on discontent among BALPA members about the latter’s handling of two disputes over the last three years. The first was BALPA’s dispute with British Airways over terms and conditions at its Open Skies subsidiary, […]
Cookies & Privacy
- Grubbie on Where’s the safety incentive when accidents don’t happen?
- Prasanta Chattopadhyay on Where’s the safety incentive when accidents don’t happen?
- Rajnikant on Why MH370 probably won’t be found
- Michel Masson on Where’s the safety incentive when accidents don’t happen?
- Wayne on Lateral thinking for simulators