To fly into – or out of – the Vagar in the Faroe Islands, you have to fly close to terrain. Unlike today, usually you can’t see it. You just have to have faith in your guidance system. The Faroes carrier Atlantic Airways has worked for ten months trialling a high-precision GPS-guided approach to Vagar […]
Archive | December, 2012
The ability to remember, however complex our digital aeroplanes have become, that in the end they are still just aeroplanes, is a priceless asset for pilots. The following event would have been confusing but, as ever, a couple of cool heads, some systems knowledge, and an ability to revert to basics can save the day. […]
Cookies & Privacy
- Grubbie on Where’s the safety incentive when accidents don’t happen?
- Prasanta Chattopadhyay on Where’s the safety incentive when accidents don’t happen?
- Rajnikant on Why MH370 probably won’t be found
- Michel Masson on Where’s the safety incentive when accidents don’t happen?
- Wayne on Lateral thinking for simulators