My colleague Max Kingsley Jones has been raiding our archives for historic data on airliners that get a terminal problem in the cruise phase of the flight. Cruise is normally the peaceful part, and this is born out by the fact that, among all accidents, only 10% are caused by something that happens in that […]
Tag Archives | accident
The Asiana Airlines Boeing 777 accident at San Francisco is one of several events that emphasise the need to review, in precise detail, what the effects of high levels of aircraft automation are, not only on the way pilots carry out their task, but also how they perceive their role in the control of the […]
Cookies & Privacy
- Stuart Buchanan on Lessons from MH17
- Grubbie on Where’s the safety incentive when accidents don’t happen?
- Prasanta Chattopadhyay on Where’s the safety incentive when accidents don’t happen?
- Rajnikant on Why MH370 probably won’t be found
- Michel Masson on Where’s the safety incentive when accidents don’t happen?