After 24 years of linking remote communities in Scotland and its islands, Loganair pilot Stuart Linklater flew the shortest scheduled airline route in the world for the last time on Sunday, 26 May. He’s retiring to fly part-time for the airline out of Glasgow. Stuart has flown the world’s shortest route - between the Orkney islands […]
Tag Archives | Loganair
Emirates has implemented evidence-based recurrent training for its pilots, on the grounds that it’s direly needed. Not very many carriers have done. British Airways is soon to introduce EBT to its type rating training as well as its recurrent. Emirates’ head of training standards David Mason told the Royal Aeronautical Society (RAeS) flight crew training […]
On a warm night in 1950 a four-year-old boy, holding his father’s hand in manly solidarity, walked through the echoing terminal at Sydney‘s Mascot airfield and out across the pan. A long-legged Qantas Super Connie stood waiting in a halo of light, avgas fumes heavy in the humid air. Together the boy and his father […]
Cookies & Privacy
- Stuart Buchanan on Lessons from MH17
- Grubbie on Where’s the safety incentive when accidents don’t happen?
- Prasanta Chattopadhyay on Where’s the safety incentive when accidents don’t happen?
- Rajnikant on Why MH370 probably won’t be found
- Michel Masson on Where’s the safety incentive when accidents don’t happen?