Many of you have helpfully supplied feedback on the new-look flightglobal since we redesigned last year.
As a result we've been busy re-platforming some critical areas of the site in order to facilitate making rapid changes to layout and content.
The homepage is one of these areas and the initial improvements include:
- A new full-width News Control exposing a whole bunch more news stories than were previously showcased. As well as the big sectors (aerospace, airlines, military, biz av), there are quick links to other news sector, the most read stories on flightglobal and the latest blog posts.
- We've taken the opportunity to move the large "skyscape" image and social media links down to the bottom of the page. Although we really liked this as a dramatic design feature, many of you felt that this space could be better used or had thought it was an advert (which it wasn't!).
- The Careers Control now features training courses, and quick search boxes for both jobs and training courses.
- We've reintroduced the Question of the Week poll back onto the homepage, which many of you have been asking for.
- We've also created a series of news listing and rss pages, in light of the feedback saying that some visitors to the site preferred viewing stories in list format rather than the browse-focused news channel pages.
So thanks for all the feedback and for persevering while we build in enhancements to the new site. Keep it coming.