Palin-esque and a JetBlue plane

JetBlue Airways’ Flickr photo stream has some nice shots of the chartered Embraer 190 being used to fly vice presidential hopeful Sarah Palin around the nation. But one is hard-pressed to find a JetBlue logo alongside the McCain-Palin jet. Hard-pressed that is until one happens upon the page of fellow Flickr photog “mocr“, who snapped the following photograph on 22 September at Orlando International Airport. According to Flight’s ACAS database, the aircraft, bearing registration N239JB, was built in 2006 and is owned by GECAS. The picture immediately following mocr’s gem is that of one of the legions of Palin kinda-sorta-look-alikes (though not necessarily supporters) getting a little loven from her sister. Can’t wait for that debate.

JetBlue and Palin.jpg

Sisters.jpg

(Palin-esque photo by Dr. Nicole Zeitlin)

, , , ,

7 Responses to Palin-esque and a JetBlue plane

1. RobH October 1, 2008 at 9:21 am #

Whew, Mary, take it from someone whose brother got all the good looks, too: Don’t be bitter :)

2. Bob Jahn October 1, 2008 at 11:23 am #

Wow, what a hottie! I wouldn’t mind having one of my own. The beauty is amazing. I could see myself with an Embraer 190.
    Ok Mary, you are hot too! ;)

3. Mary Kirby October 1, 2008 at 1:39 pm #

Hey Bob, you’re going to give me a big head. Tis all smoke and mirrors in the end :)

4. Scott near SMF October 1, 2008 at 2:54 pm #

I had been reading that Jetblue had been both SELLING and deferring delivery of both A320s and E190s. This also including letting their Brazilian company “Azul”. Perhaps when Palin finishes
    using the E190 the plane will be headed for Brazil as well. That’s probably why the Jetblue name was removed.

5. Mary Kirby October 1, 2008 at 7:05 pm #

An interesting hypothesis. At least six JetBlue E-190s have been earmarked for Azul. The interior would need revamped, of course…that is unless Azul needs a VIP aircraft.

6. mocr October 2, 2008 at 11:29 am #

Hey there, thanks for using my photo and extra thanks for the kind words.

Also, love the blog…wish I’d found it sooner : )

7. Mary Kirby October 2, 2008 at 11:37 am #

Glad you liked it…and thank you! I love the mix of photos on your site.