PHOTOS: A broad on a plane

I’m generally not the daring type. I don’t bungee jump or skydive or swim deep into the ocean. Thanks Stephen Spielberg. But when invited to climb atop Row 44′s Grumman Albatros testbed aircraft on Monday, I happily yanked off my pumps and shimmied up to the top of the fuselage and wing. Photographer Keith Fialcowitz was on hand to catch evidence of my shenanigans in Long Beach.

Row 44 Number 1.JPG

row 44 number 3.JPG

Row 44 number 2.JPG

row 44 number 4.JPG

row 44 number 5.JPG

, , , , ,

8 Responses to PHOTOS: A broad on a plane

1. Kevin September 10, 2008 at 11:41 pm #

Hey, great pictures of a nice plane, on a nice sunny day. Did you get a chance to play with the hardware? I can see you were having way to much fun.

KK

2. Mary Kirby September 11, 2008 at 3:44 am #

I did indeed have way too much fun. The avionics were really impressive. And a 21-day install – pretty amazing.

3. pundit September 11, 2008 at 8:50 am #

Shame on you, Kevin. Only a nice plane and nice sunny day – what about the rest of the pretty spectacular scenery? Queen Mary, indeed!

4. John September 11, 2008 at 8:56 am #

I’m sorry, but what plane? I’ve closely examined those photos and I don’t see any airplane.

5. Bob Jahn September 11, 2008 at 11:03 am #

Yes, I have to agree. What plane? All I see is that model… oh my gosh, that’s Mary! Compared to the propellor diameter, you must be about 6′ tall? Quite the life you have MK.
    Ok, yes that is a cool looking plane I must admit.

6. Mary Kirby September 11, 2008 at 11:45 am #

Right you are Bob. Actualy, 5ft 11.75in to be exact.

7. sparky September 12, 2008 at 1:23 pm #

This shoot reminds me of a commercial PSA used to run on TV back in the days of once-upon-a-time. The idea was bathing beauties would get off a PSA airplane wearing banners showcasing all the ciities served, and the announcer would call them out…” Sacramento…..San Diego…San Franciso…” and so on…then a lovely gal about 6-foot-5 would come into view and the annoucer would say “Looooooong Beach…”

8. Mary Kirby September 13, 2008 at 9:08 am #