Everett gallery (787s, hard work, and working hard at play)

Over the last several days this blog has featured just some of the news to come out of the World Airline Entertainment Association’s (WAEA’s) single focus connectivity workshop, which was held on 14-15 July at Boeing’s Future of Flight Museum in Everett, Washington.

Flight Global’s new IFE&C web channel has also been running a list of stories from the show.

But now we need some photos to accompany all that text. An excellent snap-happy photog has supplied RWG with some pics of the 787, the chunky monkey Dreamlifter, the WAEA conference and the Aircell reception, where some of us let our hair down. Check it out.

Everett 033.jpg

Everett 034.jpg

Everett 036.jpg

Thumbnail image for Everett 042.jpg

Everett 048.jpg

Thumbnail image for Everett 049.jpg

Everett 052.jpg

Everett 069.jpg

Everett 080.jpg

Everett 081.jpg

, , , , , , , , , , ,

10 Responses to Everett gallery (787s, hard work, and working hard at play)

1. Dave July 27, 2009 at 5:44 pm #

Were you the youngest person there?

From the looks of it, the crowd is mainly comprised of middle aged (generously speaking), pudgy, balding, caucasian dudes… Total sausage party. Were there any more than like maybe 3 women total present?

Totally unacceptable. We need more chicks damn it!

2. Pundit July 27, 2009 at 7:04 pm #

One hopes that that lecture-room layout is not indicative of Boeing’s latest thinking on cabin configuration. Mind you, the seat-mile costs likely are impressive…

3. Mary Kirby July 27, 2009 at 7:19 pm #

We were very cozy – that’s for certain. Attendance was rather impressive!

I certainly wasn’t the youngest there, nor the only woman. But I admit I’d love to see more women in the group. I think the bright yellow jacket made me stick out a bit. That and the fact that I was typing like mad on the sidelines.

I had power and connectivity – and great info coming from the front – so there was no excuse not to work hard.

4. Yossarian July 27, 2009 at 9:26 pm #

Finally some RWG photo’s, I don’t kow if I could have gone another day.

Did you meet Stinky out there? I see him in one of the photo’s, he looks like he lost some weight. I wish I could have been there, but someone has to run the airline.

RWG-Come for the scoop, stay for the gams. ;-)

5. Mushroom July 28, 2009 at 5:56 am #

Picture – 3rd from bottom.

One red headed vixen and three silver foxes.

6. The Sarge July 28, 2009 at 8:37 am #

I could swear that could double for some 50 year high school reunion, and one of the old geezers brought his grand daughter. My God! I imagine that little soiree closed down around 7pm.

Mary-Are you sure that’s the conference you have a shot of in there? Could swear that is the wake service for the B787. A somber event indeed.

Yes, Dave, why not start a “Ladies of IFE” and be sure to include the ones thatactually look like ladies. I would appreciate it and be a contributing participant.

7. fitz July 28, 2009 at 2:59 pm #

tall cool one strikes again!
    aviation was never this sexy. U r genuinely interested on what’s going on, and that makes it more cool. good job Mary! U r an aviation nut’s dream! I’m sure those guys in the room didn’t know wether to listen to the presentation, or look at the girl with the loud yellow coat.

8. Yossarian July 28, 2009 at 4:15 pm #

Fitz, you ole smoothie, you looking to be the next husband for RWG?

Hate to nit pick, but a good reporter, reports the story, they don’t become the story.

9. Dave July 28, 2009 at 5:15 pm #

Yeah, the 787 ain’t doing so hot. How did they screw it up so badly…

Anyways- as per your suggestion for the “Ladies of IFE”- I was thinking Evangeline Lilly from Lost might be a fine first addition. She’s was a flight attendant for Air Canada apparently but she doesn’t have that “just picked up from the street corner” look to her…

10. fitz July 30, 2009 at 7:29 am #

I know I know, but we r guys, and we b-come d-stracted by somebody like RWG, even if we r there 4 a conference. admit it man, she looks as good as her work. then with that “runway yellow” coat on, what do u xpect? she may be asked 2 help flag in a plane nexty time. who knows? I just hope she writes about it here. and include pic’s too.