The man in the yellow suit wants to tell you something

Now you can fly and call! That’s the tagline for the new promotion being run by Malaysian Airlines, AeroMobile and DiGi, a leading mobile communications company in Malaysia.

Digi Banner Stand.JPG

DiGi subscribers who roam abroad are offered a fixed rate for text. So AeroMobile worked with DiGi to make sure that passengers on aircraft equipped with the system have that rate.

The cost works out basically to 25 cents a message. Well now, that’s some el cheapo in-flight texting!

Malaysian Airlines has been trialling AeroMobile’s system on Boeing 777 aircraft. Passengers have been able to use their own BlackBerry-type devices and mobile phones to send/receive emails and text messages, and to make and receive voice calls. Real-time, in-flight credit card authentication is also forthcoming.

As part of the DiGi promo, a costumed man, sporting DiGi’s signature yellow, has been helping to get the word out about the promotion to people at the airport.

AeroMobile has been learning a lot about region-specific marketing through its work with Malaysian.

It’s a good thing too since sources tell me that the company’s system, branded as eXPhone by partner Panasonic, is about to roll out onto brand new Boeing 777s operated by three carriers based in and around Southeast Asia.

That’s right, fair reader, eXPhone, line-fit on new widebodies (Boeing widebodies, not Airbus), is coming very soon. This will be a first for AeroMobile, which has been installed on widebodies via retrofit…until now.

Ya see? Ya gotta read these babies all the way to the end.

Congratulations AeroMobile and Panasonic. I’m looking forward to your next trick (wild guess – it involves Lufthansa).

Here’s more of that DiGi promo and info about the company:

Digi Look whos following you inner.PNG

, , , , , , , , , , ,

17 Responses to The man in the yellow suit wants to tell you something

1. RobH August 19, 2009 at 12:44 pm #

Whew, La La really let himself go…

2. Mary Kirby August 19, 2009 at 6:39 pm #

Rob, how sad is it that I know exactly what you’re talking about? :)

3. Dave August 19, 2009 at 8:27 pm #

It looks like that creature is wearing some kind of survival suit or something… On an unrelated note, I have this intense urge to beat the living tar out of it… Does anyone else have the same impulse?

4. Mary Kirby August 19, 2009 at 8:46 pm #

LOL. By all means, avoid the following video then: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=95pcwueKAc0

5. fitz August 20, 2009 at 7:19 am #

I hope he didn’t steal your coat…. it looked much better on u. looks like yellow is the new “safety green”

6. Mary Kirby August 20, 2009 at 3:40 pm #

Too funny. One of the names I considered for this blog was “Red Alert” (Runway Girl ruled in the end, though, and I’m still not sure why I picked it).

But imagine showing up at each event with a signature red coat! Or, even better, red heels. I’d have to keep my hair really red, of course, which would be a pain in the butt. But that would be kind of fun. :)

7. Dave August 20, 2009 at 5:47 pm #

That video has angered me… Grrr… Dave SMASH!!!

Moving on- So you’re not a natural redhead?!!

8. Mary Kirby August 20, 2009 at 6:02 pm #

Well, in all technicality, I am indeed a natural redhead, but I’m more of an auburn/strawberry versus a “Red Alert” fire engine sort of red. Apparently, there is a new sort of dye that allows one to transform into the fire engine sort – and stay that way – for a longer amount of time than before. Usually that colour rinses down the drain rather quickly (unless you are naturally red, red). But it sounds like there has been a breakthrough in the hair colour industry.

Come for the IFE&C, stay for the beauty tips :)

9. Dave August 20, 2009 at 6:23 pm #

So million dollar question is- do you think you could take Rachel Nichols (Scarlet from GI Joe) from in a fight? Battle of the giant redheads- imagine the ticket sales.

10. Mary Kirby August 20, 2009 at 6:35 pm #

Oh absolutely! Without a doubt. You’d be amazed at how a pair of spiked heels can really turn things up a notch.

11. Dave August 20, 2009 at 7:52 pm #

So Rachel goes down in round three after being impaled by giant spiked heels?

12. Mary kirby August 20, 2009 at 8:37 pm #

Round one is for show because we know we need a show but she goes down in round two. Absolutely!!

13. Dave August 20, 2009 at 11:14 pm #

So it is agreed. The winner -whoever that might be- will move on to fight Sienna Miller… in a cage match.

14. Mary Kirby August 21, 2009 at 8:43 am #

LOL. Anon Dave, you make me chuckle.

15. Dave August 21, 2009 at 5:55 pm #

Anonymous? I’m on your Facebook and you follow me on Twitter… You, madam, have insulted my honor… I demand satisfaction. [slaps Mary with glove] I challenge you to a duel…

16. Mary Kirby August 21, 2009 at 6:00 pm #

Okay. I’ve got five men named Dave as friends on FaceBook, of which two are my ex-yet-still-very-friendly husbands. So either you’re one of those (and are displaying a sense of humour I don’t recall in our marriage) or you’re one of the other three. I demand an answer, sir, and meet your glove slap with a glove slap of my own. Must I sully my clean white appendage covers at this late hour in the evening?

17. Dave August 21, 2009 at 7:41 pm #

I shall you with a hint… we have two friend in common- a Scotsman and another from the dark corners of the south. Both of whom are writers… but sully your appendage covers, you must- once challenged to a drink-off, one cannot back down. That is way of things…