In-flight entertainment and connectivity (IFEC) giant Thales has opened a new “Connectivity Suite” in London.
The brand new facility enables Thales to give a first hand experience of the latest airborne connectivity capabilities available from the manufacturer.
For example, Thales can demo its TopFlight satcom and TopConnect solutions, which provide Wi-Fi, VoIP, UMA, PBX and web browsing functions over Inmarsat’s SwiftBroadband (SBB) aeronautical service.
The suite is designed to be interactive so users can try their own “connected devices” over the Wi-Fi & SBB link.
Word of the new Connectivity Suite comes as Air France has rolled out its new Airbus A380 with Thales IFE. Air France has not, however, elected to offer in-flight connectivity on its aircraft as yet.
Air France-KLM vice-president and general manager, USA Christine Ourmieres recently told me that the group’s technology experts are studying what kind of solutions are available but have not made a decision.
Here’s a key par from Thales on what Air France does offer on the A380:
Thales is connected with new London “suite”
By Mary Kirby on November 3, 2009 in Air Transport, In-flight Entertainment/Communications, Original Equipment Manufacturers
About Mary Kirby
Cookies & Privacy
- Celinda@potensmedel mot impotens on Thales patent app expands on layered IFE architecture approach
- get free itunes codes on The air was thin, but here’s why Aspen was a gold news rush
- how to buy followers on instagram on US Airways explains A320 IFE pull out; reveals Lumexis trial!!!
- Darrin@how to hack facebook on Thales patent app expands on layered IFE architecture approach
- pokemon x et y on The air was thin, but here’s why Aspen was a gold news rush
787 AeroMobile Airbus Aircell Airplane Geeks American Airlines antenna Boeing Bombardier Bombardier Global 5000 CSeries Delta Air Lines Department of Defense Gogo IFE IFEC in-flight connectivity in-flight entertainment in-flight Internet inflight connectivity inflight entertainment inflight Internet Inmarsat interiors ISMS Ku-band LiveTV Lufthansa mobile portal mobiles Model 945 OnAir Panasonic Panasonic Avionics regional jet Row 44 seats Southwest Airlines SwiftBroadband Thales TV over IP US Airways ViaSat Virgin America WAEA