PICTURES: Get ready to shop at Row 44′s Skytown Center

Row 44 Skytown center.JPG

Row 44 can be a quiet bunch. So quiet, in fact, that Row 44′s online press room hasn’t been updated since April 2009, when the firm announced a deal to fit Norwegian’s 737NGs with the firm’s in-flight high-speed Internet system.

Indeed, the Row 44 site doesn’t even mention the equipment purchase deal signed in January with Southwest Airlines?!?

That’s why I jump up and down and sing Hallelujah when I find anything new from Row 44.

This morning, as I was scrolling through presentations from Airline Information’s FFP-ARAC Mega Event in October 2009, I came across a nifty one given by Row 44 vice-president, business development Wendy Campanella.

Okay, okay, it’s not entirely new (hello, October!) but it does contain some snazzy shots of what Row 44′s Skytown Center may look like. You remember Skytown, the first ad-supported in-flight Wi-Fi solution, which was announced by Row 44 at the WAEA conference in Palm Springs, California last year.

Check out Campenella’s entire presentation, but be sure to give the Airline Information site a look-see too, since there are a number of pressies sitting on the site, just waiting to be downloaded, including from Aircell and Arinc/SkyBuy.

Meanwhile, I’ve just interviewed GuestLogix about its new new deal with Republic Airways, which will see GuestLogix’s retail platform – handheld POS devices, back-end applications plus OnTouch advertising/ticketing/promos, etc – deployed on Republic subsidiaries Frontier and Midwest’s aircraft. Keep an eye out on the Flightglobal IFEC channel for that forthcoming piece.

So you see? Skytown Center might be the perfect name for Row 44′s strategy, since airlines are now taking serious steps to monetize their travelers by turning their aircraft into flying malls. Now all we need is for the economy to cooperate so we can afford all the stuff that airlines want to sell us!

Row 44 Skytown center 2.JPG

, , , , , , , , ,

12 Responses to PICTURES: Get ready to shop at Row 44′s Skytown Center

1. David Parker Brown February 23, 2010 at 11:12 am #

I really like what I see. This seems to offer a lot of what Virgin America offers, but with the internet connected to the IFE.

Why do you think Row44 stays so silent with what they are working on?

David

2. Mary Kirby February 23, 2010 at 11:52 am #

I’d say they stay mum for competitive reasons. Why show their cards before they have to? But that makes my job harder. Sigh. :)

3. David Parker Brown February 23, 2010 at 1:12 pm #

True, but you would think they might want to start building the buzz.

GoGo has done a pretty good job getting out there and letting people know what GoGo is and who they are. Then passengers want to fly on GoGo planes.

If Row44 started the buzz now, it would help to sell it to airlines, b/c passengers will already want to fly on Row44 planes.

4. Yossarian February 23, 2010 at 5:47 pm #

What’s going on with Alaska Airlines?

The world wonders. Stay tuned.

5. Mary Kirby February 24, 2010 at 9:43 am #

I’m kicking myself for not reading into your cryptic message last night. Kicking myself.

6. Patricia March 24, 2010 at 2:47 pm #

Ive only got a few weeks still to go, until my little baby boy is born. I can feel my nesting instincts kick in.

7. Mark Wass August 7, 2010 at 1:26 pm #

I saw something about this on TV last week. Thanks for putting more meat on the bones

8. ralph lauren sale July 25, 2013 at 7:50 am #

Thanks Brian for any great word of advice, perhaps non-developers like myself should be able to move this down: )This is very essential for any multi-international internet site on the subject of WEB OPTIMIZATION.

9. ralph lauren sale August 9, 2013 at 8:52 pm #

Great job within this write-up! I enjoy the way you presented your info and also the means you actually managed to get critical along with clear to comprehend. Thank you a whole lot.

10. fred perry August 9, 2013 at 8:52 pm #

my LG R400 can easily discover my very own wireless nevertheless are unable to be connected… even though i actually modify my very own pasword… the constantly declare it is come to be outside of collection Excellent trouble of geting information new driver known as intel-video zip, thus tha this notebook (RD400)does definitely not display video clip effectively, after i make an effort to download this data file is usually n’t readily available, am i able to acquire this kind of by way of the email-based?

11. www.hboo9.wx36.pw October 18, 2013 at 4:34 am #