VIDEO: ABC hears me complain about stand-up seat #AIX10

, , ,

10 Responses to VIDEO: ABC hears me complain about stand-up seat #AIX10

1. Elise Lowerison September 15, 2010 at 12:43 pm #

Your video about the new cheaper flight seats has great interest to me. I am especially interested in seat regulations that you mention in your video. I look forward to reading your posts in the future. I, too, am in the luxury travel business and would like you and your readers to review our service: http://www.flyspectrumair.com/. Any comments would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

2. Dave September 15, 2010 at 4:04 pm #

Mary, perhaps this is naive, but how come ABC is interviewing another journalist instead of an analyst? I mean a lot of experienced journalists tend to become experts, but still wouldn’t an analyst be better editorially?

3. Dave September 15, 2010 at 4:08 pm #

Nevermind, I just watched the video… nice job complaining. You should have demanded the right the kick the designer in the nuts in retribution for your scraped knee. Blood for blood.

4. Robert E. Coli September 15, 2010 at 6:50 pm #

Stand-up comedy! Seriously, it has to be safe… those big, wide standard economy seats allow you to rattle around. Snug seating like this stand-up thingamy keeps passengers securely packed. Surely that has to be safer!

We have tested seats like this at Thromby, and found them to be highly suitable for our shareholders. See our test results here:
    Standing Seats

Regards,
    Robert E. Coli
    CEO Thromby Air – Lowest of the Low

5. glen towler September 16, 2010 at 1:53 am #

Lets hope Ryanair does not see these seats I would never fit in these seat I am 6ft 1″ maybe they are for midgets

6. Jetcal1 September 16, 2010 at 11:04 am #

That is one cheap looking seat. Easy to clean though.

7. Jetcal1 September 16, 2010 at 11:22 am #

Actually, on second thought.
    These are low cost seats that would enable a carrier to remove the relatively expensive and heavy economy class seats in the A380 and literally enable hundreds more pilgrims to make the trip to Mecca.

Picture an A380 with the length and breadth of both decks filled with these seats.

For many the discomfort would be okay. And I bet the CAAs for the respective countries would accommodate this once a year. The ROI would have to be impressive.

8. steve September 17, 2010 at 9:27 am #

really hope will not be any american airline company to install Aviointeriors seats….if seat can be the proper word to define the proposed product. I like to believe the company is in needs some pubblicity, that’s why came out with the crazy idea.

9. Caio Nery September 19, 2010 at 5:06 pm #

“Cargo” was the nicest way of calling it LOL
    I am not a big fan of the new “below coach seats”
    Can you picture a turbulent flight on those kind of seats?

10. CJL September 22, 2010 at 2:56 am #

Why all the negativity? This would be a CHOICE for passengers, not a replacement of economy. Bring it on, but beware:
    1) That seat wobbles a LOT when someone sits or stands. That will be very uncomfortable, maybe more irritating than the lack of space?
    2) The person on the non aisle seats will always need the other others to vacate the row at toilet time.
    3) Laptop? Forget it, the girl/guy next to you will be complaining about your elbows sticking out.
    4) Hygiene. a) Easier to spread bugs to more people, and b) lets just hope that the person next to, in front, or behind had a shower – they will be close enough to judge! Oh and hopefully not too much time testing duty free perfumes as well.
    5) The fight for overhead locker space – think it is tough now to store your carry-on luggage? Double the passenger density and let the fights begin!!

It will suit some people, but I’m guessing that I am going to stick to regular economy