VIDEO: Lufthansa to make life easier for pilots with FlyNet

Civil aircraft operators have long discussed using in-flight connectivity for operational benefits such as real-time electronic flight bag (EFB) applications. Lufthansa, which recently re-launched its FlyNet high-speed Internet service on overseas flights, is about to make real-time EFB a reality, and in turn make life easier for its pilots. Lufthansa captain Andreas Ritter – who heads up the carrier’s EFB activities – explains the initiative in the following video:

, , , , , , , , ,

6 Responses to VIDEO: Lufthansa to make life easier for pilots with FlyNet

1. Capt. Jeff December 8, 2010 at 10:47 pm #

I’ve been preaching the need for internet access to cockpit crews for years. I’m happy to see this video footage, and Lufthansa taking the lead with its implementation.

Thanks for the report!

Capt. Jeff

2. No Name December 10, 2010 at 10:15 am #

I am wondering if the Wi-Fi antenna behind is intentional or not?

Sharing is great, but how will the captain know the data is real? “Man in the middle” attacks are very common on the Internet which could cause problems if the pilots are counting on this data to make decisions for hundreds of people. Of course, there are security systems to prevent some of this, but that is a lot of trust to place when I am sitting in the back of a plane…

And who is to say that the pilot gets the connection? What if there are 54 people, including us lowly people in “coach” who are watching the latest flashmob on YouTube? How is Lufthansa going to make sure that I don’t keep his data from reaching him?

I guess I am trying to figure out if I trust the guy in the front using the same thing I am to get information. I feel safer knowing they have some super secret machine up front only for them.

3. youtube views October 7, 2013 at 8:08 am #

of course like your web-site however you need to check the spelling on
    quite a few of your posts. Many of them are rife with spelling issues and I to find it very
    bothersome to inform the truth however I’ll definitely come back again.

Did you know you can easily youtube views for a discount?

4. facebook fans October 28, 2013 at 5:02 pm #

First off I want to say fantastic blog! I had a quick question
    that I’d like to ask if you don’t mind. I
    was interested to find out how you center yourself and clear your mind prior
    to writing. I’ve had a difficult time clearing my thoughts in
    getting my thoughts out there. I do take pleasure in writing however it just
    seems like the first 10 to 15 minutes are generally
    wasted simply just trying to figure out how to begin. Any recommendations or
    tips? Many thanks! facebook fans along with enhance your social reputation.

cheap facebook likes can significantly the esprit in addition to reliability.

it is simple to buy facebook likes, Facebook or myspace
    fans/likes as well as YouTube opinions and also
    remarks.

5. purchase twitter followers October 29, 2013 at 7:26 am #

Just wish to say your article is as surprising.
    The clarity to your publish is just spectacular and that i could suppose you’re knowledgeable in this subject.
    Well together with your permission allow me to clutch your RSS feed to keep updated with coming
    near near post. Thank you a million and please carry on
    the gratifying work. purchase twitter followers it will probably be an extremely prudent financial commitment for
    your business.
    buy twitter follower Cheapest Price ranges Best Assistance.

get more twitter followers free without having
    offering your own personal username and password as well as pursuing
    other folks.

6. get free instagram followers fast November 3, 2013 at 6:32 pm #

Hey! I know this is kind of off topic but I was
    wondering if you knew where I could get a captcha plugin for my comment form?
    I’m using the same blog platform as yours and I’m having trouble finding one?
    Thanks a lot! the most beneficial resource for get free instagram followers fast online
    produce instagram profile, buy cheap instagram followers, raise subscribers.

it is possible to get more instagram followers
    free fast, Fb subscribers/followers as well as Metacafe followers and also feedback.

buy instagram followers cheap can drastically boost your esprit in
    addition to reliability.
    If you want in order to buying instagram followers,
    you can allow you to!