#PAS11 VIDEO: Inside the Korean Air Airbus A380 at Paris

, , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

11 Responses to #PAS11 VIDEO: Inside the Korean Air Airbus A380 at Paris

1. Arturo de Gheaube June 22, 2011 at 4:34 am #

Runway girl has an incredibly obnoxious fakeified BRitish accent.

It’s subtle enough to be really irritating.

2. Mary Kirby June 22, 2011 at 8:28 am #

Are you sure you’re not detecting a hint of an Irish accent? I spent my formative years in Ireland, and my entire family is Irish. (P.S. I’m not Madonna :-)

3. Larry June 22, 2011 at 11:27 am #

Nice tour of the aircraft, it has a spacious feel throughout. The economy seat looks very comfortable for long haul travel. The pitch and width make it similar to premium economy on other carriers.

4. jetcal1 June 22, 2011 at 12:11 pm #

All that space given over to amenities? Somewhere, someone is thinking skyriders!

5. alloycowboy June 22, 2011 at 5:24 pm #

Korean Air owes Flightglobal and Runway Girl “big” for all the fantastic coverage their getting! I suspect Korean Air’s whole marketing department is now doing the snoopy dance.

6. pundit June 22, 2011 at 8:06 pm #

Oh, Mary Mary – how could you fall for the marketing hype: 180-degrees seatback recline, indeed? Most pax would settle for just 90 degrees…

7. Tom Karen (ex head of Ogle Design) June 23, 2011 at 5:42 am #

Hello Mary Kirby…we worked for Airbus on 380 in 90′s (also gave talks at conferences on aircraft interiors) and advocated introduction of proper Ladies and Gents toilets. I argue there is no space or cost penalty involved (much simpler plumbing may even save money. Airbus chose not to listen. (I also suggested the entrance at door 1 was a mistake – some operators agree, I believe. But good for Korea for making a move in the right direction.

I have also taken an interest in a replacement for a future 737/A320 I could share with you.

Tom Karen

8. rufe June 23, 2011 at 8:10 pm #

How reasonable do you feel it is to be flying this thing? I seem to remember the 747 was going to have a lounge, but is now all seating. This thing has…3 lounges?!

9. Jimbosc June 24, 2011 at 2:21 pm #

Great report – really gives us an idea of the experience to expect in each class. The legroom in even Economy is pretty impressive.

I heard a hint of some accent there Mary – certainly not offensive, but I had not picked it up before. Learn something every day!

Jim

10. photoguybrian June 26, 2011 at 12:13 pm #

I’d love to have that kind of legroom.

Oh and Mary, what fantastic legs you have. Thanks for the demonstration! ;)

11. 123xyz June 26, 2011 at 9:04 pm #

Additionally, Singapore’s next batch of A380′s are ordered with only 409 seats down from 471 for a boost in more profitable business class.

But, the lower seat count dilutes Airbus’ fuel efficiency promotion as the “most efficient.” Airlines do care about fuel costs, but it cares even more about RASM that exceeds that.

As more A380′s seats fly heavily traveled routes RASM may fall unless airlines adjust supply. Korean, Singapore had it figured. Of course, they had better have it right as re-seating and re-wiring A380′s is especially costly not just for quantity, but technically.