Those beers you order in flight? They are not charged in real time to your credit card. Nor are the sandwiches or the snack packs or the movies or the duty free you order from the flight attendants’ trolley or via the in-flight entertainment system. Those transactions occur when the aircraft reaches the gate. After […]
Tag Archives | airlines
Jon Ostrower, aka Flightblogger, joined me in wrapping up day one of the Dubai air show.
If someone had taken me aside in college and told me that someday I’d be an airplane geek, I’d have said they were daft, and had another swig of MGD. But now I embrace my geekdom wholeheartedly. To wit, I recently participated in an Airplane Geeks podcast, and loved it!!! Cuba travel, United’s missteps, over-weight passengers, […]
As a traveller, it is absolutely phenomenal to be able to hop a flight to London for the cost of a pricey dinner for two. However, if airlines have any hope of surviving today, can they really afford to charge the same fares as fifty years ago? British Airways is currently running a promotion that makes […]
Privately-held ACMI operator Gemini Air Cargo has filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection. Here in its entirety is the letter from Gemini’s acting CEO George Gonzalez to employees: “Today, Gemini filed for protection under Chapter 11 of the US Bankruptcy Code. Nevertheless, we will continue operating our business as usual. To fund this process, we […]
A US government programme that could help struggling carriers boost their ancillary revenue hasn’t garnered a whole lot of attention since it was unveiled on 11 July. The reason may have something to do with the fact that the Department of Commerce, Office of Travel and Tourism Industries (OTTI), in announcing that its 25-year-old paper-based […]
Cookies & Privacy
- Celinda@potensmedel mot impotens on Thales patent app expands on layered IFE architecture approach
- get free itunes codes on The air was thin, but here’s why Aspen was a gold news rush
- how to buy followers on instagram on US Airways explains A320 IFE pull out; reveals Lumexis trial!!!
- Darrin@how to hack facebook on Thales patent app expands on layered IFE architecture approach
- pokemon x et y on The air was thin, but here’s why Aspen was a gold news rush