While companies seeking to turn the Apple iPad into portable in-flight entertainment devices have encountered some teething problems, there is no stopping the tablet from becoming a major fixture in the cockpit. Keen to support its customers’ preferences, ARINC Direct has released a new iPad app that provides access to flight plans, weather, NOTAMS and […]
Tag Archives | NBAA
Updated to note that Southwest Airlines is now saying it will charge $5 for Wi-Fi regardless of device or flight (holy moly…what will this mean for Gogo pricing?) And yes, this update means that I had to have one more word. Arghghgh. The grip of SM addiction! BLOGI’m jumping off the grid for about 10 […]
Earlier this year, US technology firm Ambit Corp filed a lawsuit against Delta Air Lines and Aircell claiming patent infringement regarding the provision of Internet access onboard aircraft. I debated whether to report on this event and ultimately decided to write this erudite paragraph, ahem: Marsha, I mean Aircell, Aircell, Aircell. With all the news […]
Some fab IFEC stuff is coming out of NBAA right now. Check out Flightglobal’s special NBAA landing page for all the latest news, blogs and video from the show (IFEC-specific news is on Flightglobal’s dedicated IFEC channel). This video from the show caught my eye. Yeah, it rocks.
The seemingly crazy ‘sideways seating’ idea tabled by Design Q – and reported by yours truly first (yes, even before FOX and countless other news entities) - is moving quickly forward with possible tests taking place in December. Oh yes, and it has a name - MAXCABIN. I’ll bet the Asian carriers and Ryanair’s Michael O’Leary will be all […]
Cookies & Privacy
- Celinda@potensmedel mot impotens on Thales patent app expands on layered IFE architecture approach
- get free itunes codes on The air was thin, but here’s why Aspen was a gold news rush
- how to buy followers on instagram on US Airways explains A320 IFE pull out; reveals Lumexis trial!!!
- Darrin@how to hack facebook on Thales patent app expands on layered IFE architecture approach
- pokemon x et y on The air was thin, but here’s why Aspen was a gold news rush