Last week, I asked you to come up with the top five military aviation headlines of the year for 2017.
If even a few of these (mostly) plausible predictions come true, we are all in for a very interesting decade in the defense business. Thanks to my many contributors for ... well, contributing.
Here's the full list so far, but please keep the ideas coming.
Posted by HerkEng
1. USAF Still looking for someone to re wing the C-130Hs
2. USAF looking for foreign buyers of its unused C-130Js
3.KC-30 names the most disappointing AF Purchase in 60 years.
4.Boeing B-52H re-engined and still going strong for another 40 years.
5. Final C-17 retired.
Posted by Glenn:
1. V-22 fleet grounded again due to premature stress cracking
2. New Marine One finally reaches IOC
3. Nation's air traffic control system near collapse after failure of $35 billion overhaul; air taxi services grind to a halt
4. F-35 STOVL variant cancelled; standard F-35 unit cost spirals past $100 million as Air Force seeks bids for F-16 re-engine program
5. B-1 finally retired; B-52 soldiers on
Posted by Robot Economist:
1. USAF finally declares tactical laser 'a dud,' cancels research program.
2. Army will keep Apache, Chinook another 20 years; Predator, A-10 to join Army fleet.
3. U.S. commits all 91 F-22s to Taiwan Strait crisis.
Posted Hillarie Clintons:
1. Mexico announces the selection of Lockheed for border security contract.
2. China forgives most of the U.S. debt in exchange for technology rights of secret satellites.
3. Boeing exploring ways to divest itself of the shipbuilding operations of its Northrop Grumman subsidiary.
4. EADS announces they plan to "fully" cooperate in the Tanker investigation that has led to doubling of the cost estimates and delayed deliveries.
5. Top secret documents released today revealed that stealth technology stemmed from alien wreckage discovered in New Mexico.
Posted by Ran Barton:
1. Unmanned KC-767's enable unmanned biofuel B-52s to stay airborne for a week. Next up: aerial rearmament
2. USAF prepares test flight of EF-22G across international dateline
3. North Koreans Protest Continued JASDF F-22J Overflights
4. Northrop Prepares 6th and final B-2C "Spirit of Puerto Rico" for USAF delivery
5. GAO chides Airbus for inadequate risk reduction in its KC-350XWB program