Allow me to introduce the Morphing Micro Air-Land Vehicle. It's like the Optimus Prime of UAVs. Cleveland-based BioRobots invented this machine to fulfill a very complex mission. According to a new paper, the 16-in wingspan vehicle can
The paper is being presented on Thursday at the Army Science Conference in Orlando.
- fly from a takeoff point to a target area (e.g.a building),
- land stealthily within a target area (e.g. on a rooftop),
- transform into a highly mobile land vehicle,
- locomote successfully over ground obstacles (e.g.crawl to the edge of a roof or into a building), and
- transmit critical data (visual, acoustic, chemical, etc.) from its position