‘Kerosene Cowboys’: Flanker movie mystery solved

(h/t Guillame — thanks!)

This explains the blog I posted on Friday. While the in-flight ejection and the canopy-less, Mach 2 flight remain controversial, we now know there is a movie.The movie’s web site even thanks the Russian Knight acrobatic team for their support.

It’s called Kerosene Cowboys, a Mario Van Peebles flick, and it’s scheduled for release on November 9. Mark your calendars! Watch for any hint of the possible, in-flight, back-seat Flanker ejection.

For those who want to know more about the plot of the movie, here’s the write-up from IMDB:

In 2001 in Iraq, two American NAVY pilots – Butch Masters and Tom Craig- are ordered to bomb an abandoned plant. The order appears to befalse. American experts get killed in the plant. A secret chemicaldevice, called “Rainmaker”, designed for oil fields destruction, getsstolen. Military court cannot prove pilot’s intention, and gives themdishonorable discharge. After 7 years Craig is reach [sic] and famous. Hemanages a private pilot team, working for Top Gun and for movies.Masters is a “grease monkey” in a small airport. He still tries toinvestigate his old case, and dreams of his own pilot’s team. In orderto get a license to fly Russian jets, Masters goes to St.Petersburg… At the same time, Kurdishterrorist group plans to capture a part of Northern Iraq … They plan to use “Rainmaker” to destroy oilfields… Terrorist’s base is located in Northern Iran… NAVY intelligence offers Masters chance to “clean his name” byperforming a secret … mission … Using unmarked planes, they have to bomb the base anddestroy “Rainmaker”. Doomed to death, betrayed by friends, left inSyrian desert, Masters and his team finds unexpected support from aside of “Russian Nights” jet fighter aerobatic group. Russians andAmericans go to final battle side by side, and leave no chance toterrorists.

, , ,

11 Responses to ‘Kerosene Cowboys’: Flanker movie mystery solved

1. mupp 28 July, 2009 at 12:41 pm #

Dear God that movie looks like utter balls

2. Tim D-T 28 July, 2009 at 1:27 pm #

Hmm, with that sophisticated plot and Oscar-level cast, do I see a “straight to video release” coming up?

3. Bob 28 July, 2009 at 2:17 pm #

Wow, I never thought I’d say this but that movie looks worse than Stealth.

4. Guillaume S. 28 July, 2009 at 2:57 pm #

Hehe, can’t believe you posted that on your blog, Steve :-)
    -Guillaume

5. arby 29 July, 2009 at 1:34 pm #

“Kerosene Cowboys” makes “Iron Eagle” look like a documentary in comparison…

6. Tom 3 August, 2009 at 9:55 pm #

As someone who has worked on Hollywoods low-end action, straight to DVD crap,
    I am embarassed by this movie’s premise.
    Inside info:
    The ideas are usually concocted by nerdy penniles screenwriting hacks trying to make rent.
    Some are just writers because thay can pound out quantity that resembles a script.
    Further they are arbitrarily edited by lunkhead director who’s talent is mostly schmoozing.
    Some shady investor group trying to make a glamourous buck,is usually behind this, and care not a whit for accuracy.Sorry guys its a business! -especially at the low-end!
    I remember a director asking me to repaint a F117 bomb bay cause he didnt like the white color,thought it wasn’t realistic -wtf?

-YOu know I ran into the same types when I was in the service-that’s life.

7. Roger Cartwright 16 August, 2009 at 9:05 pm #

8. Ann 17 August, 2009 at 10:06 am #

How crasy a person should be to write this !!!!!!!!

“Todays crash in Moscow involving the Russian Knights was during a practice for the Knights airshow and being film for Kerosene Cowboys by Svarog films. Is there any film footage on the web of the crash?”

This is a great toruble for all us!!! I Knew the dead pilot personally, he was the greate man!!!!!
    And please do not write such stupid things any more!!!!!!!

Angelika Smykova, PR director of Svarog Films

9. St Petersburg HVAC 20 July, 2010 at 12:48 pm #

10. good free movie 25 September, 2013 at 7:58 pm #

Heya i’m for the first time here. I found this board and I find It really helpful & it helped me out a lot. I’m hoping to present one thing back and aid others such as you helped me.

11. Www.Youtube.Com 31 October, 2013 at 11:47 pm #

You probably help it become sound very easy along with your powerpoint presentation even so in finding this disorder to be really an issue that I do believe I might by no means have an understanding of. It appears to be as well difficult and intensely substantial personally. I am looking ahead with your following upload, I’m going to aim to purchase the suspend from it!