Will the United Arab Emirates and Kuwait finally end Rafale’s export drought? Will Saudi Arabia buy 72 more F-15Es? Will the UAE shock Northrop Grumman and buy the Saab 2000 Erieye rather than the E-2D Hawkeye? How cool will it be seeing the F-22 buzz the Burj Al Arab hotel (okay, unlikely, but I can dream)?
As I prepare to board my flight this evening, these are among the many questions I’m looking forward to answering at the Dubai Air Show, which starts on Sunday.
Because of the time change, I lose tomorrow to flights and layovers. In the meantime, please enjoy browsing the scene-setter features I wrote for Flight International‘s Dubai Air Show preview issue.
- UAE stockpiles weapon systems: Building an arsenal
- Saudi Arabia’s military muscle: Robust Riyadh
- Iraq gathers arms for 2012: Starting from scratch
- NATO-like coalition takes shape: Fractious friends
- US aid for Israel’s neighbours: Border security