The Aussies know how to start an air show. Above is YouTube footage of a Royal Australian Air Force F-111 Aardvark kicking off the LIMA 2009 with a fuel dump and a fly-by.
Siva Govindasamy, Flight’s Singapore bureau chief, attended the maritime and air show in Langkawi this week, and has filed several hot stories.
- Russia may offer Su-30MKM for Malaysian fighter tender
- Blade, cockpit upgrade may stretch life of Malaysian S-61 Nuri fleet
- Malaysia eyes airborne early warning fleet
- Malaysia’s air force revives competition for maritime patrol aircraft
- LIMA 2009: Malaysian MiG-29N & Sukhoi Su-30MKM
- LIMA 2009: Singapore F-16 & AH-64
- LIMA 2009: Malaysian PC-7 Mk II
- LIMA 2009: USAF B-52 low-level fly-past