PHOTO: Northrop Grumman releases new X-47B pic

, ,

22 Responses to PHOTO: Northrop Grumman releases new X-47B pic

1. Howe 24 March, 2010 at 11:44 pm #

cool pic, cool plane.

but I would have prefered to get some info as well…I havn’t heard any updates on this aircraft in quite some time…

2. sokaka 25 March, 2010 at 3:59 am #

Wow, Boeing could have made this exact same photo 4 years ago.

3. Stephen Trimble 25 March, 2010 at 10:13 am #

You and me both, Howe!

4. Michael Yon 25 March, 2010 at 4:21 pm #

I saw something like that land at Kandahar Airfield, Afghanistan. (Maybe was something else, but looked very similar.)

5. Stephen Trimble 25 March, 2010 at 4:26 pm #

Michael-I’m honored. Welcome to the blog. Take care of yourself in Afghanistan.

I hope you snapped photos of the aircraft you saw at Kandahar. I don’t think you saw the X-47B, which to my knowledge, has not flown yet. I believe you probably saw the RQ-170 Sentinel, a Skunk Works aircraft declassified by the US Air Force in December. We reported about the RQ-170 on this blog. But it could be other aircraft that we haven’t heard of or seen yet.

6. Corey 25 March, 2010 at 7:17 pm #

Looks like this picture was snapped at the Northrop facility in Palmdale. I assume they will be flight testing it soon from that area, likely EAFB — carrier tests in late 2011 or early 2012 (see article below).

7. Subutai 26 March, 2010 at 1:55 pm #

Wonder how much Scaled Composites is contributing to these newer versions.

8. Jim 26 March, 2010 at 2:47 pm #

BARREL ROLLLLLL

9. Tim 26 March, 2010 at 10:44 pm #

Why does it have a windshield?

10. Darkforce 27 March, 2010 at 2:44 pm #

That is actually the engine intake.

11. Matt 28 March, 2010 at 8:56 am #

Looks a bit like that AI plane in that movie I can’t remember the name of with Jamie Foxx in it.

12. EyeofMine 28 March, 2010 at 6:57 pm #

Michael Schratt

This is looking very “UFO-like” if you tell me and if Northrup Grumman is releasing this tech into the public that would be because its 20 years old and they have something much more high tech in storage…

13. IrishGoddess 29 March, 2010 at 4:17 am #

I hear the Cylons have ordered several…

14. Starseed 30 March, 2010 at 5:00 pm #

WE WANT AND DEMAND PEACE IN GAIA/MOTHER EARTH. Grow up cabal!!!

These cabal companies, Northrop Grumman, Boeing, et. all, still want to sell these killer weapons and will go to great lengths to sell these flying machines to anybody to kill each other. Please… grow up. BTW, the X47B probably has exotic technology obtained from Star Visitors and Star Crafts. Wake up people!! These weapon companies create and sell weapons to anybody as long as they make money!!! It does not matter who gets killed…

FMI about exotic aerospace craft, go here:

Peace to all. -Starseed Richard

15. Necrozoo 30 March, 2010 at 10:21 pm #

Wow, Starseed… You are nuttier than a squirrel turd.

16. matt 4 April, 2010 at 2:28 pm #

I’ll buy that for a dollar!

17. RonSD 10 April, 2010 at 10:12 pm #

Starseed, so you want peace on this earth. Our planet earth was born off a violent universe and with the inhabitants through its evolutionary diversity. If we don’t produce these types of weaponry we are doomed to slavery and luckily, extinction.

18. Gromit 20 April, 2010 at 5:40 pm #

RonSD……………….you need to explain those comments about slavery. By whom ?

19. New Harry Potter 5 June, 2010 at 9:50 am #

Hi! Have you seen the new Harry Potter Movie? I heard it is going to be the best harry potter movie of all time!

20. Body Building supplement store 23 July, 2010 at 6:23 am #

Sorry for the huge review, but I’m really loving the new Zune, and hope this, as well as the excellent reviews some other people have written, will help you decide if it’s the right choice for you.

21. Roseanna Wykle 14 October, 2010 at 1:13 am #

I don’t care what anybody claims. I enjoy Harry Potter! And I just like the series. I may be a an old guy, but a fantastic series is a great series. >.<

22. Adam Cantine 11 November, 2010 at 11:52 am #

I think this course is the best available out there, it definatley worked on me,although you do have to put the work in,but as i’ve said we are all is different and we all have our ups and downs.Gladly i keep going up ,Good luck.m8 dave