Democracy comes to China’s air force

Since I apparently now have a voice in PLAAF decision-making, I’m voting for the red-and-black scheme with the Michael Jackson “Beat It” vibe.

From China Defence Blog today:

Say No To White Rabbit

Due to pubic outcry over the ugly “white rabbit” paint scheme (here) , the PLAAF “August First” flight demonstration team recently released four new sample color schemes for people to choose from. Cast your vote here http://mil.news.sina.com.cn/nz/j10tuzhuang/index.shtml

Remember, vote early and vote often

Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter to receive updates.

8 Responses to Democracy comes to China’s air force

1. Chris Taylor 16 June, 2010 at 4:44 pm #

Since they are the next imperial power in the Pacific Rim, they ought to honour their predecessors by using the Blue Angels’ blue-and-gold scheme.

2. Robert 16 June, 2010 at 4:54 pm #

The new schemes definitely look nice compared to the original “white rabbit” [candy], but they probably won’t stand out that well in the air or on tarmac.

Primary colors are used for flight demo team livery precisely for that purpose, i reckon: easily identifiable for prominence, for promotion. They can still look very sharp in the original or other primary colors, imo.

3. Stephan Wilkinson 16 June, 2010 at 5:58 pm #

I want to know more about the pubic outcry…

4. Stephen Trimble 16 June, 2010 at 6:09 pm #

Ha!

5. diesel generators 18 June, 2010 at 10:24 am #

everyone needs to get involved

6. puppethead 18 June, 2010 at 12:04 pm #

I agree with Stephen – go the red and black! Just like my local football team: the Bombers… http://www.essendonfc.com.au/

7. Corelle Dishes 13 October, 2010 at 8:16 pm #

“Sometimes i would like to consider that individuals would just get a lifestyle and realize how silly they seem to be. I imply, why are you spamming, is it a method of hacking or something. Just stop, please, i prefer to learn other people opinions as well ya know. anyhow, beneficial post. just get rid from the spam please. thanks.”

8. free avatars 20 October, 2010 at 12:04 am #

Wow this really takes me back, sending this to my mates now.