India’s HAL rolls out first naval LCA

It’s not often you see a naval version of a fighter roll out 27 years after work began — and still continues — on the air force version! But Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL) and India Minister of Defence A K Antony did just that earlier today in Bangalore. The first two-seat naval Light Combat Aircraft made it’s public debut amidst the requisite smoke and flag-waving. Here’s hoping the naval variant proves less of a development disaster than its air force cousin.

Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter to receive updates.

10 Responses to India’s HAL rolls out first naval LCA

1. Dave 6 July, 2010 at 10:20 pm #

I think we can pretty much count on it being a developmental disaster. I don’t think they’re serious about ever actually fielding it as an operational aircraft as such. If you think about it, they wouldn’t be buying the MiG-29K or issuing RFIs, or opening talking about the F-35B/C if they really though this thing was going to cut it. I think for India, this is a learning experience… they’ll use this to get the experience they need to build better planes in the future. In any case, they have to be aware that by the time it is fielded, it would be hopelessly outclassed…

2. Jimmy 7 July, 2010 at 6:39 am #

How are they going to deal with the high angle of attack at landing? There’s no leading root extensions nor vortex generators. Can the pilot even see the landing? Will they have to depend on an auto-landing system?

3. electronic stores in australia 16 July, 2010 at 6:05 pm #

A mutual friend said I should come check your site out. Glad I listened to her! I like how you really scrutinize and get to the gist of the matter but can you explain that last part again? Just a bit? –Tommy

4. australia online electronics 16 July, 2010 at 6:06 pm #

A mutual associate said I should come check your site out. Glad I listened to her! I like how you really focus and get to the bottom line but can you run through that last part again? Just a bit? –Mo

5. australia electronics store 16 July, 2010 at 6:11 pm #

A mutual acquaintence emailed me the link to your site. Glad I clicked on the url! I like how you really concentrate and get to the bottom line but can you run through that last part again? Just a bit? –Isaak

6. australia electronic store 16 July, 2010 at 6:12 pm #

A mutual friend sent me your website address in an email. Glad I listened to her! I like how you really dig in and get to the get to the important stuff but can you go over that last part again? Just a little? –Lauren

7. compare e cigarette 9 September, 2010 at 8:38 pm #

I stopped cold turkey a week ago and its starting to affect me right now. My better half keeps telling me I will not handle it however I’m so serious on this I will be successful. recently I started feeling pains inside my lower stomach and I seriously am craving a smoke. I wont give into the craving because I am quitting for our kid. I’m blessed to have the electronic cigarette. It has been very helpful to me.

8. Porfirio Ito 14 September, 2010 at 2:56 pm #

You really must do something about all these spam comments, it makes it hard for a genuine person to be noticed.

9. Cherry Tregan 2 November, 2010 at 8:08 pm #

Couldn’t be written any better. Reading this article reminds me of my old room mate! He frequently kept chatting about this. I will send this post to him. Rather sure he will have a really good read. Thanks for sharing! My best wishes, Cherry Tregan.

10. gretchen rossi turbotax 18 November, 2010 at 7:59 pm #

The high prices and relative scarcity of diesel fuel have resulted in part from its use by factories, which have been burning it in backyard generators as power companies have cut back electricity generation to meet national targets for limiting energy consumption.