USAF releases F-22 Raptor accident report

tyndall-f22-1200

The USAF has released the accident report for the Lockheed Martin F-22 Raptor that crashed at Tyndall AFB, Florida, last November. Basically, the $149.6 million aircraft was lost due to chafed wiring—this leaves the USAF with 184 production jets remaining plus two test aircraft. Tail 4013, which used to be assigned to Nellis AFB, Nevada, was one of the oldest Raptors in the USAF arsenal.

[scribd id=159717823 key=key-2cya29jugh0p3wejqaa2 mode=scroll]

11 Responses to USAF releases F-22 Raptor accident report

1. znapel 12 August, 2013 at 6:55 pm #

Does someone have a link to this that isn’t on Scribd? I’d like to download the PDF and read it, but I don’t think I should pay some website for the ‘privelage’ of downloading a public document. The AF AIB site doesn’t have it yet, maybe I’ll just check back later.

2. John S. 12 August, 2013 at 9:22 pm #

The full accident report is on the USAF AIB website under FY12 accidents. Here is the link to the .pdf of the full report (if the link survives the anti-spam posting software:)

• John S. 12 August, 2013 at 9:23 pm #

Oops, sorry. Wrong Tyndall F-22A mishap! Sorry!

3. Richard Z 13 August, 2013 at 3:47 pm #

can be downloaded free through Face Book

4. F-22 Raptor 14 August, 2013 at 7:16 pm #

Does the pilot take penalties in these sorts of incidents?

5. F22 pics 16 August, 2013 at 8:07 am #

Thanks for the announcement. I really appreciate it.

6. Mike 16 August, 2013 at 8:14 am #

Here are some cool F-22 photos. Have a look : http://savas-ucaklari1.blogspot.com/2010/07/f-22-resimler-02.html

7. Ralph Lauren skjorta 23 August, 2013 at 9:05 am #

鈥淛ust what my wife says,鈥?added Master Zup-piddu. 鈥?She says even the dogs in the street wouldn鈥檛 have any of the Malavoglia now.鈥?

8. Ralph Lauren udsalg 23 August, 2013 at 9:05 am #

鈥淔or that, he has taken it up with me,鈥?inter-posed 鈥楴toni; 鈥?and he is as cross as a bear, and goes swaggering about, because he has a sabre tied to him. But, by Our Lady鈥檚 blood! one. time or another, I鈥檒l beat it about his head, that sabre of his, to show him how much I care for it and for him.鈥?

9. Ralph Lauren polo Sweden 23 August, 2013 at 9:06 am #

Then Cousin Alfio repeated to Alessio that he would do well to marry Nunziata, now that she had money.