Free download: World Air Forces directory 2014

As promised, the new issue of Flight International features our annual World Air Forces directory, with the 20-page listings section showing you the active inventories and purchase plans of 160 nations. You won’t be surprised to find out that the US armed forces continues to dominate each of our six equipment categories (US Air Force image below).

C-17s

Drawn from our much more detailed Ascend Online Fleets and MiliCAS databases (which will cost you slightly more than the nothing for our free pdf download), the directory includes information on more than 50,700 military aircraft in day-to-day use around the globe. A five-page introduction also delves into some of the numbers to put them into regional context.

Please use the link below and fill in the short form, which should take barely a minute to complete. Then you’ll be able to download your own copy of our Ruag-sponsored product.

If you have any feedback about the directory then please let us know. We think it’s our best one yet!

9 Responses to Free download: World Air Forces directory 2014

1. S O 10 December, 2013 at 3:28 pm #

Actually, it says (and I used both the browser link and the link from the e-mail I got):

“You do not have permission to view this directory or page.”

• Craig Hoyle 13 December, 2013 at 10:32 am #

Apologies for our early technical difficulties with the download. We investigated the problem and it’s hopefully working fine now. Thanks for your persistence!

2. Eric 10 December, 2013 at 4:18 pm #

I am getting a “You do not have permission to view this directory or page.” error when I click on the link that was sent to me in the email.

3. willem sluys 10 December, 2013 at 5:12 pm #

Like to receive the World Airforces directory 2014.
    Thank you!

4. Tom brooks 11 December, 2013 at 2:20 am #

Wanting the download

5. Alex 12 December, 2013 at 4:33 pm #

Hi:

After looking over the data in world air force directory 2014, I found discrepancies and inaccuracies. Its understanding that real data is hard to some by on some nations and old and estimation used.

The data discrepancy I found was on Iranian aircraft data base. For example, the data did not include the 24 Saeqeh-80 active with IRIAF and the number of active F-14s are wrong. There are others.

A bet about myself: I have in-depth knowledge and extensive military info and data on Iran and am a vivid researcher for over a decade.

• Craig Hoyle 13 December, 2013 at 10:36 am #

Thanks for your feedback, Alex. I’ve asked a colleague at our data team for some information on the Saeqeh’s exclusion, but I expect that the active aircraft there have been included with the original F-5s.

As you say, it’s not easy to track the inventories of some nations, Iran included, but hopefully we’re not far out with our information even there.

6. robert75 16 December, 2013 at 9:47 am #

There are several mistakes in many air forces. For Example in the Spanish Army most of the numbers are wrong. The number of Tiger HAD is not correct ( 6 HAP +2 HAD ) + 16 on delivery of HAD. The number of Ec135 is 8 with 8 due for delivery. The number of Sh60 in the navy is wrong ( they are 12) and 6 sh60F due for delivery….

• Craig Hoyle 17 December, 2013 at 11:20 am #

Spain has caused some difficulties numbers-wise, as a result of its economic situation, and we believed that some of its Tigers have been cancelled. Our Ascend Online Fleets database records the six now in use as being HAPs, although I didn’t specify variants in the directory edit.

We are investigating the status of the EC135 orders, as some of the aircraft appeared to be cancelled, but may be back in now.

Our data for the Seahawks showed 10 active and 2 stored, with the latter not included in the directory. Also not listed (my oversight), but I heard at DSEi that the navy will be getting only two surplus SH-60Fs via the USA.

Thanks for your feedback – it helps us to check anomalies for next time!