UPDATE AS OF 1037 GMT 11NOV – MAS has reopened these routes for reservation.
- Kota Kinbalu removed from hub status. BKI – Seoul Incheon and BKI – Tokyo Haneda to be cancelled.
- Dubai – All flights cancelled from 13th January 2012. MH162/3 ( 3 weekly, 332 ) KUL – Dubai nonstop flight is cancelled from 15th November 2011, while MH160/1 (2xW, 330) KUL – Karachi – Dubai service gets terminated from 1st December 2011. MH154/5 (2xW, 330) KUL – Dubai – Dammam service will finally cease on 13th January 2012. On another note, Emirates Airline is beginning Airbus A380 service into KUL from 1st January 2012.
- According to the above, service to Karachi and Dammam too, will be cancelled from the same dates.
- MH203/4 (3xW, 772) KUL – Johannesburg service suspended from 1st February 2012.
- MH201/2 (2xW, 744) KUL – Cape Town – Buenos Aires service suspended from 1st February 2012. The cancellation of this route is quite significant as the carrier held on to this route even during worst economic periods in Argentina. However the route must have suffered from the regulatory hurdles which limited it to a twice weekly only service.
- Beginning 2nd July 2012, the airline will be launching Airbus A380 service to London Heathrow on flight MH002/3. Initially operating thrice weekly, it will increase to daily from 15th August 2012.
- It is also expected that the airline will launch flights to Abu Dhabi, soon.