767 photo by AirSpace user Keith Gaskell Across the Tasman separating Australia and New Zealand, trees are causing an uproar outside Rotorua airport. Next month Air New Zealand plans to start Rotorua-Sydney services using an A320. Rotorua (quasi-affectionately referred to as “Rotovegas” by Kiwis) is a tourist town just 113 miles from Auckland. As such, […]
Archive | November, 2009
The second “interim factual” report to the Qantas A330-300 that dove 1000 feet in minutes has just been released [opens as PDF].Airbus is modifying the flight control software in A330s and A340s. An interim modification will be made to all Qantas A330s by the end of this month. A standard modification for all A330s and […]
Following Tuesday’s release of the Australian Transport Safety Bureau’s (ATSB) tests on oxygen bottles, tomorrow the ATSB will release its final second interim report on the Qantas A330 that dived 1000 feet in a matter of minutes over Western Australia.Let’s have a recap of the event and the first interim report (opens as PDF).Basics Flight: […]
Jetstar 320 on approach to Sydney Don’t take life too seriously.That is the unofficial mantra Down Under. It helps to explain the irreverence in Australian humour, such as why a person with red hair is called a “bluey”–a joke the red-themed Virgin group used to name its Australian start-up: Virgin Blue.Life may be less serious. […]
Cookies & Privacy
- Tiger seemingly unaware of its own grounding extension as it declares “nobody’s perfect”
- Senator’s proposed cabin crew rights bill more humble than revolutionary
- Before grounding Tiger showed signs of growing up
- Tiger to resume services to only 5 cities?
- One way or another, Tiger Australia service resumption in sight
- christian louboutin shop japan clothing on Fixing Rolls-Royce’s disposable A380 engines
- louis vuitton outlet on A lounge worse than McDonald’s and service lower than a “snake’s scrotum”: funny complaints to Air New Zealand
- louis vuitton outlet on Qantas complacency at its finest, and how Joyce may be its only hope
- Chapeaux Atlanta Braves on Will Vietnam’s SkyTeam Entry Give Greater Access to Australia?
- bakkerij brunssum on Annals of history: How Boeing lost Qantas’s VLA order to Airbus