This month Virgin Australia is due to take delivery of its first ATR turboprop aircraft, an ATR 72-500 after previously expecting the aircraft in May. It will be the first of four -500 variants and will be followed next year by four ATR 72-600, which received EASA certification in May.Virgin ordered up to 18 ATR […]
Archive | Aircraft Configuration/Specifics RSS feed for this section
Over the next few weeks Virgin Blue is expected to make a number of announcements to help the carrier capture more of the corporate market and strengthen its network. Since new strengths will come at the expense of Qantas, it is worth considering what Qantas thinks of Virgin’s plans and how Qantas plans to fend […]
Last October Virgin Blue converted B737 VH-VUA to host an in-flight Black Eyed Peas concert. Here’s a slideshow chronicling the very unique modifications. (I’m trying out some new software, so please leave feedback about how it works.)
First class is being thrown out on Qantas 747s (above) My colleague Siva Govindasamy attended this morning’s Qantas press conference. The Qantas Group announced traffic was marginally up, its half-year earnings were down 72% compared to last year, and the big ticket item: from the end of 2011 to 2012 Qantas will undergo a A$400m […]
Cookies & Privacy
- Tiger seemingly unaware of its own grounding extension as it declares “nobody’s perfect”
- Senator’s proposed cabin crew rights bill more humble than revolutionary
- Before grounding Tiger showed signs of growing up
- Tiger to resume services to only 5 cities?
- One way or another, Tiger Australia service resumption in sight
- christian louboutin shop japan clothing on Fixing Rolls-Royce’s disposable A380 engines
- louis vuitton outlet on A lounge worse than McDonald’s and service lower than a “snake’s scrotum”: funny complaints to Air New Zealand
- louis vuitton outlet on Qantas complacency at its finest, and how Joyce may be its only hope
- Chapeaux Atlanta Braves on Will Vietnam’s SkyTeam Entry Give Greater Access to Australia?
- bakkerij brunssum on Annals of history: How Boeing lost Qantas’s VLA order to Airbus