One possible bio-derived jet fuel option: juncea. The series of bio-derived jet fuel demonstration flights that commenced in 2008 with Virgin Atlantic and later Air New Zealand left no doubt biofuels could be a reality in aviation, and the flights helped start the biofuel certification processes.As certification is now expected imminently, there is a debate […]
Archive | Environment RSS feed for this section
A column of smoke and ashes expelled by the Puyehue volcano in Entre Lagos, 1.100 km south of Santiago, capital of Chile. Southern Chile’s Puyehue volcano erupted for the first time in half a century Saturday. Photo: KeystoneUSA-ZUMA/Rex Features. As Chile’s Puyehue-Cordon Caulle volcano eruption brings operations to a halt at Melbourne airport and causes […]
Taken by AirSpace user berniec Earlier this week British Airways announced it will build a plant to convert landfill waste to jet fuel, and use the fuel by 2014.This is a big step forwarding for aviation & the environment, a topic I’ve been interested in, but naysayers are doubting the plan. From The Independent: BA […]
Cookies & Privacy
- Tiger seemingly unaware of its own grounding extension as it declares “nobody’s perfect”
- Senator’s proposed cabin crew rights bill more humble than revolutionary
- Before grounding Tiger showed signs of growing up
- Tiger to resume services to only 5 cities?
- One way or another, Tiger Australia service resumption in sight
- christian louboutin shop japan clothing on Fixing Rolls-Royce’s disposable A380 engines
- louis vuitton outlet on A lounge worse than McDonald’s and service lower than a “snake’s scrotum”: funny complaints to Air New Zealand
- louis vuitton outlet on Qantas complacency at its finest, and how Joyce may be its only hope
- Chapeaux Atlanta Braves on Will Vietnam’s SkyTeam Entry Give Greater Access to Australia?
- bakkerij brunssum on Annals of history: How Boeing lost Qantas’s VLA order to Airbus