Photo: Helmut Groening, Aviation Friends Hamburg. Jetstar has quietly premiered a revised livery featuring the group’s new typography and all black billboard titles.The livery, for the group’s Airbus fleet, will be applied to all new aircraft while aircraft in old schemes “will be repainted as required,” a Jetstar spokeswoman says.The previous logo featured “Jet” in […]
Archive | Livery RSS feed for this section
For the livery of the newest Virgin Group airline, Virgin Australia creative director Hans Hulsbosch took inspiration from the Group’s oldest livery: the 1984 scheme that debuted on Virgin Atlantic’s Maiden Voyager. “I went all the way back to the origins of Virgin and then leapfrogged, hopefully, to another era,” Hulsbosch says on the Sydney […]
Two re-branded aircraft have met in Sydney for the airline’s official re-launch as Virgin Australia. Boeing 737-800 VH-YFC arrived first from Christchurch, where it had been re-painted, and Airbus A330-200 VH-XFB arrived from Malaysia’s Subang where it had been re-painted.
For those who missed the story of Virgin Blue’s quiet, if blatant, re-branding to Virgin Australia–announced in Sydney today–here is how Virgin got born again. Virgin Australia was the long favoured name of the new operation, continuing the Virgin Group’s geographical naming inclinations. The name, however, was already a registered business in Australia. But the […]
The Virgin Australia livery has been revealed a few hours ahead of its official launch thanks to a spotter who captured Airbus A330-200 VH-XFB departing Subang, Malaysia as ferry flight VOZ9062 for Sydney with Sir Richard Branson onboard. Read more… You can follow updates from this morning’s events through my posts on Twitter. Photo: Jon […]
When Virgin Group chief executive Sir Richard Branson tomorrow morning steps off Airbus A330-200 VH-XFB at Sydney airport and declares that after 10 years, 8 months, and 4 days of the Virgin Blue operation it will be re-branded as Virgin Australia in a Virgin Atlantic-esque look, that will only be the start of the next round […]
If the hints were not enough that Virgin Blue would re-brand as Virgin Australia, the airline has today applied to the country’s corporate regulator to formally begin changing its name to Virgin Australia.In forms signed by Virgin Blue company secretary Merren McArthur, Virgin Blue International Airlines has reserved Virgin Australia International Airlines for its name […]
The former Virgin Blue’s shift to Virgin Australia has been a gradual transition to a closer alignment with Virgin Atlantic, first with new uniforms and most recently with a similar logo. But the future Virgin Australia will not complete the look with a red tail.Virgin Australia’s tail will instead be a white/silver base with the […]
Virgin Enterprises Limited, the brand management arm of Sir Richard Branson’s Virgin Group, has submitted the above logo to be trademarked with the Australian government’s brand management body, IP Australia, who only displays black and white versions of submissions. The Virgin Australia name has been registered as a trademark for an airline name and affiliated […]
Cookies & Privacy
- Tiger seemingly unaware of its own grounding extension as it declares “nobody’s perfect”
- Senator’s proposed cabin crew rights bill more humble than revolutionary
- Before grounding Tiger showed signs of growing up
- Tiger to resume services to only 5 cities?
- One way or another, Tiger Australia service resumption in sight
- christian louboutin shop japan clothing on Fixing Rolls-Royce’s disposable A380 engines
- louis vuitton outlet on A lounge worse than McDonald’s and service lower than a “snake’s scrotum”: funny complaints to Air New Zealand
- louis vuitton outlet on Qantas complacency at its finest, and how Joyce may be its only hope
- Chapeaux Atlanta Braves on Will Vietnam’s SkyTeam Entry Give Greater Access to Australia?
- bakkerij brunssum on Annals of history: How Boeing lost Qantas’s VLA order to Airbus