Poor Qantas Group. Someone, PR or reviewer, tries to make a joke but only ends up praising Virgin Australia. First there was Jetstar and seat colours and now it is espresso.The Sun-Herald review of Qantas’ (over-hyped) 747 service to Perth concludes: Sky Report’s only black mark was our flight attendant’s (albeit gentle) mocking when we […]
Tag Archives | A330-200
As hard as I tried, I could not identify the Qantas “spy” on Virgin Australia’s first Airbus A330 flights, although I have my suspicious (I’m looking at you, woman in the gray suit). Failing a firsthand conversation with the spy (or spies–Qantas dispatched managers to economy and business class), here is what I think the […]
In this edition of quirky news, the first Virgin Australia Airbus A330-200 flight, DJ663, is due to depart Sydney for Perth at 8 a.m. this morning with one very special passenger on board. Virgin group founder Sir Richard Branson? No. Chief executive John Borghetti? No. Yours truly? Aww shucks, I am flying on it but […]
This edition of quirky news is brought to you by Virgin Australia, whose new sixty-second television advertisement features music by Les Gock Sound Thinking and cameos from uniform designer Juli Grbac, creative director Hans Hulsbosch, and a Singapore Airlines Boeing 777 aircraft. Say what? The 777 makes a brief appearance around the :46 second mark when […]
Two re-branded aircraft have met in Sydney for the airline’s official re-launch as Virgin Australia. Boeing 737-800 VH-YFC arrived first from Christchurch, where it had been re-painted, and Airbus A330-200 VH-XFB arrived from Malaysia’s Subang where it had been re-painted.
A series of concerns from air safety regulator the Civil Aviation Safety Authority may delay Virgin Blue’s 26 May introduction of its A330-200 aircraft featuring business class to better compete with Qantas and achieve higher yields.Last week one of the aircraft’s crew failed a line check, a formal test of airmanship measured against regulations, and […]
Virgin Blue’s business class product on its A330 aircraft that will start service on 26 May. The full details of Virgin Blue’s domestic A330 services, to commence 26 May on Sydney-Perth, were released today, and the result is lackluster and throws the premium service ball back in Qantas’ court.Virgin Blue will operate the ex-Emirates A330-200 […]
An Emirates A330 departs Dubai. Photo: AirSpace user Chipmunker In a move to expand and bring profitability to long-haul subsidiary V Australia, the Virgin Blue Group is evaluating options to introduce at least six medium-sized widebody aircraft to its fleet by early next year, according to a source familiar with the matter.“V Australia is in […]
The second Qantas A330-200 in a new domestic configuration started service today between Melbourne and Sydney, Qantas says in a statement. Readers of this blog will know the aircraft’s extolled product has a back story Qantas is shying away from.The statement even goes on to say: “Qantas CEO Alan Joyce said the aircraft represents a […]
Cookies & Privacy
- Tiger seemingly unaware of its own grounding extension as it declares “nobody’s perfect”
- Senator’s proposed cabin crew rights bill more humble than revolutionary
- Before grounding Tiger showed signs of growing up
- Tiger to resume services to only 5 cities?
- One way or another, Tiger Australia service resumption in sight
- christian louboutin shop japan clothing on Fixing Rolls-Royce’s disposable A380 engines
- louis vuitton outlet on A lounge worse than McDonald’s and service lower than a “snake’s scrotum”: funny complaints to Air New Zealand
- louis vuitton outlet on Qantas complacency at its finest, and how Joyce may be its only hope
- Chapeaux Atlanta Braves on Will Vietnam’s SkyTeam Entry Give Greater Access to Australia?
- bakkerij brunssum on Annals of history: How Boeing lost Qantas’s VLA order to Airbus