A brief history of the Dassault Falcon family
- The Mystere 20, which would later be known as the Falcon 20 flies on 4 May 1963.
- In 1965, the Falcon 20 receives its French type certfication.
- The first Falcon 10 prototype flies in 1970.
- The Falcon 50 first flight takes place in November 1970 and receives its US type cerification in 1979.
- In 1983 Dassault annouce the launch of the Falcon 900 tri-jet. The Falcon 900 first flight takes place the following year and the aircraft receives its French type certification in 1986.
- The first of a new breed of "medium large" business jets, the Falcon 2000 is laucnhed at the Paris Air Show in 1989 and certified in 1994.
- Dassault launched its flagship Falcon 7x in 2005 and the aircraft received both in EASA and FAA type certification in April 2007
From the archive
In pictures: Dassault Falcon family