News Listings for Aero Peru

  • AB25: Copa chief executive Pedro Heilbron

    News | 22 Nov 2010 10:00

    Twenty-five years ago, few would have imagined that today Latin America would be among the leading regions in the world in terms of economic growth and development. Even fewer would have dreamed of Latin America's airlines being in the top echelon of this competitive aviation industry writes Pedro Heilbron
  • Crashes caused by incorrect data

    News | 06 Jun 2008 14:06 | David Learmount

    Incorrect information may confuse computers in a fly-by-wire aircraft, leading them to control it according to the data they are given rather than reacting...
  • Peru's Aerocontinente bids for Aerolineas

    News | 21 Jun 2001 08:19 | Rainer Uphoff

    <body lang=EN-GB style='tab-interval:36.0pt'> <div class=Section1> <p class=MsoNormal style='mso-layout-grid-align:none;text-autospace:none'><span lang=EN-US style='mso-bidi-font-size:10.0pt;mso-ansi-language:EN-US'>Peruvian airline Aerocontinente is trying to buy Aerolineas Argentinas and its subsidiary Austral.<o:p></o:p></span></p> <p class=MsoNormal style='mso-layout-grid-align:none;text-autospace:none'><i><span lang=EN-US style='mso-bidi-font-size:10.0pt;mso-ansi-language:EN-US'>ATI </span></i><span lang=EN-US style='mso-bidi-font-size:10.0pt;mso-ansi-language:EN-US'>has learned that the Aerocontinente offer has been submitted to Aerolineas’ key shareholders – Spanish state holding company SEPI and the Argentinean Government. Details of the bid have not bee revealed.<o:p></o:p></span></p> <p class=MsoNormal style='mso-layout-grid-align:none;text-autospace:none'><span lang=EN-US style='mso-bidi-font-size:10.0pt;mso-ansi-language:EN-US'>The moves comes ahead
  • TACA Peru cuts 15% of operation to reach for profitability

    News | 15 May 2001 17:19 | Brendan Sobie

    <body lang=EN-US style='tab-interval:.5in'> <div class=Section1> <p class=MsoNormal style='mso-layout-grid-align:none;text-autospace:none'><span style='mso-bidi-font-size:10.0pt'>TACA Peru will cut 15% of its operation over the next two months in an effort to make the Lima-based start-up profitable.<o:p></o:p></span></p> <p class=MsoNormal style='mso-layout-grid-align:none;text-autospace:none'><span style='mso-bidi-font-size:10.0pt'>The carrier’s chief executive, Daniel Ratti, says TACA Peru needs to drop some of its routes and consolidate others to become a profitable operation.<o:p></o:p></span></p> <p class=MsoNormal style='mso-layout-grid-align:none;text-autospace:none'><span style='mso-bidi-font-size:10.0pt'>Ratti declines to disclose the destinations that will be affected by the cuts, saying they have not yet been announced. But he says the “right sizing” is only temporary and that TACA Peru will follow it later with expansion on its profitable routes and w
  • USA clears TACA Peru for Lima-Miami launch

    News | 10 Nov 2000 14:35 | David Morrow

    <BODY LINK="#0000ff" VLINK="#800080"> <P>US regulators have approved the launch of Lima-Miami services to be operated by TACA Peru, part of the five-member Grupo TACA airline grouping.</P> <P>TACA Peru intends to commence the seven-times weekly service at the beginning of December, using 120-seat Airbus A319 and 150-seat A320 aircraft dry-leased from Costa Rican airline - and fellow Grupo TACA carrier - Lineas Areas Costarricenses (LACSA).</P> <P>The new flights to Miami - an American Airlines hub - will further strengthen Grupo TACA's ties with the US carrier.</P> <P>Set up to capitalise on the demise of Aero Peru last year, TACA Peru commenced operations in October 1999, initially on domestic routes.</P> <P>In its application to the US Department of Transportation (DOT), the airline says its stock is 51%-owned by a Peruvian citizen who is also its chairman and president, while the remaining 49% is owned by a TACA-owned Peruvian company called Berly. TACA's ultimate owners are
  • LanChile to fly for Ecuatoriana, eyes stake

    News | 02 Nov 2000 22:47

    <BODY LINK="#0000ff" VLINK="#800080"> <P>Ecuatoriana has entered into an agreement with LanChile that will give it the aircraft to resume flights to the USA and could lead to LanChile purchasing a controlling stake in the Ecuadorian carrier.</P> <P>The agreement initially involves LanChile operating one widebody aircraft - probably a Boeing 767-300ER - on Ecuatoriana’s international routes for two years beginning 1 December. But details of the agreement – including the frequency of the service and whether LanChile will fly for Ecuatoriana on a wet-lease or code-share basis – are still being negotiated.</P> <P>Although the deal does not involve an ownership stake outright, LanChile has high hopes the partnership will lead to an equity purchase similar to the carrier’s investment in LanPeru, according to a source close to the situation. LanChile is looking for additional investment opportunities in South America and sees opportunity in Ecuador, the source says.</P> <P>In fact, flou