Flightglobal has launched the Webbies 2009 - Flightglobal Aviation Web Awards - now in its second year, with two brand new categories.
The Webbies 2009 - Flightglobal Aviation Web Awards follows the success of last year's Webbies 2008, and for the second year in a row, is giving the entire online aviation community a chance to enter and nominate their favourite websites, from established industry leaders to striving newcomers, in celebration and acknowledgement of the best and brightest aviation websites and online activities the Internet has to offer.
This year there are two new categories: Best Enthusiast/Community Website which will honour the website that demomstrates social interaction between its users through a mixture of serious and lighthearted discussion, sharing of information and including user-uploaded videos, images and blogs.
Flightglobal will award the Best Use of Social Media, another new category, to the website that champions the most effective use of Web 2.0 tools to increase the awareness of a brand or product.
Flightglobal has always been at the forefront of the aviation industry’s online activity - from web-first news, web-wide search, community space, premium content and social networking activity.
Michael Targett, Flightglobal Editor, says: "We’re looking for established industry leaders and enthusiastic newcomers, and everyone in between, to enter the Webbies 2009, as well as nominate their own favourites in the eight aviation-related categories including two new categories celebrating community and enthusiast websites and effective use of social media."
- 23rd November – Entries/nominations open
- 10th January 2010 – Entries/nominations close
- w/c 1st February 2010 - announcements
Winning entries will receive:
- Webbies 2009 "winners" badge to display on their websiteFeatured in editorial review of Webbies in Flightglobal and Flight International magazine
- Guaranteed month-long presence on Flightglobal home page
- Guaranteed month-long presence on relevant channel home page on FlightglobalFeatured on Editor’s Blog
- Links from the Flightglobal e-newsletters
- Last year’s winners” features and testimonials in the launch of Webbies 2010
- The opportunity to post a 2 minute video profiling their winning site on the Flight Blog