Interjet wins ECA and Russian backing for Superjet 100s

San Antonio
Source: Flightglobal.com
This story is sourced from Flightglobal.com

Mexican low-cost carrier Interjet has obtained approval from European export credit agencies, as well as financial support from Russia's VEB Bank, for its 20-strong order of Russian Superjet 100s, says Alejandro Beristain Mercado, chief financial officer of the carrier, speaking at the Airline Business-organised Network USA conference in San Antonio.

"Approval was given in February and covers all 20 aircraft in the order representing 85% of the total purchase price," says Beristain. The remaining 15% of the deal has been financed by Interjet itself with the carrier already making pre-delivery payments for two years.

Supporting for the acquisition is coming equally from Italy's SACE, French COFACE and VEB Bank.

Although the size of the Interjet deal for the Superjet 100s has not be revealed, Beristain confirms that "as launch customer in the Americas we have an excellent price".