Lufthansa Technik Philippines opens A380 hangar

London
Source:
This story is sourced from Pro
See more Pro news »

Lufthansa Technik Philippines (LTP) has opened a hangar in Manila large enough to accommodate an Airbus A380.

The company, a joint venture between the German maintenance provider, which holds a 51% share, and Philippine MacroAsia Corporation, which owns the remaining 49%, invested $30 million in the facility, which is to create up to 400 new jobs.

The 8,500m² (91,500ft²) hangar is 35m (115ft) high and can accommodate a widebody plus two narrowbody aircraft simultaneously.

LTP has so far operated out of two hangars and currently employs 2,700 staff members.