Qingdao Airlines sources A320s from CALC

London
Source: Flightglobal.com
This story is sourced from Flightglobal.com

Chinese start-up carrier Qingdao Airlines has selected the Airbus A320 for operations in the first quarter of 2014, Flightglobal's Ascend online database shows.

The proposed airline, which has been formed by the Nanshan Group, Qingdao Transportation Development Group and Shandong Airlines, will lease a total of five new aircraft from Chinese lessor's China Aircraft Leasing (CALC).

Ascend shows the first A320 aircraft to be delivered in March 2014. A second aircraft is anticipated in May next year.

Qingdao Airlines is also expected to receive three new A320s in January, April and November 2015.

The three partners filed an application with the Civil Aviation Administration of China (CAAC) in May to start an airline based in the Shandong province.

Nanshan will invest yuan CNY550 million ($90 million) and hold a 55% stake in the venture. Partners Qingdao Transportation Development Group and Shandong Airlines will own the remaining 45% stake, with investments of CNY250 million and CNY200 million respectively.

Last month, CALC agreed to lease six new A320 aircraft to China Eastern Airlines. The units will be delivered between May and December 2014.

In February this year, CALC agreed to lease four new A320s to China Southern Airlines. The first aircraft is scheduled for July 2013.

In March, CALC acquired a new A320 from Shenzhen Airlines under a purchase and leaseback transaction.

CALC signed a 36 Airbus A320 family memorandum of understanding last year at the Farnborough air show. The deal includes one A319, 30 A320s and five A321s.