• News
  • AirAsia Philippines receives first Airbus A320

AirAsia Philippines receives first Airbus A320

AirAsia Philippines received its first Airbus A320 at Diosdado Macapagal International airport in Clark on Tuesday.

The aircraft, which landed at 11:30 local time from the Airbus factory in Toulouse, France, is the first among four aircraft that will be delivered to AirAsia Philippines in its first year of operation.

The carrier will receive its second A320 later this year. Its third and fourth A320s will be delivered in 2012.

AirAsia Philippines has yet to receive regulatory approval to start commercial operations.

The carrier plans to use its first A320 on its international services to Singapore, Macau and Hong Kong. The second A320 will ply routes to Bangkok and Incheon, and will also be used for domestic services.

AirAsia Philippines was established in December 2010. It is 60% owned by entrepreneurs Marianne Hontiveros, Antonio Cojuangco and Michael Romero. Its remaining 40% stake is held by AirAsia Berhad through its wholly owned subsidiary AirAsia International.

Related Content