Flightglobal's Aviation Web Awards, aka THE WEBBIES, are back once again to celebrate and acknowledge the best and brightest aviation websites and online activities during the past year.
Now in its fourth year and with new and modified categories, Flightglobal welcomes entries and nominations from the entire online aviation community, from established industry leaders to striving newcomers, to enter on their own behalf or nominate an airport, airline, aircraft manufacturer or other aerospace company.
Flightglobal, the world's leading aviation news website, has always been at the forefront of the aviation industry's online activity - via breaking news, comprehensive web-wide search, community space, premium content and social networking. In addition, it can boast Flight International magazine's fully searchable and free-to-access historic pages, which date back to 1909.
Flightglobal is proud to recognise the very best and brightest aviation and aerospace websites and online activities with these annual web awards.
A panel of independent judges within the industry and key figures in online development at Reed Business Information are looking for established industry leaders and enthusiastic newcomers - and everyone in between - to enter The WEBBIES, as well as encouraging them to nominate their own favourites in the five categories.
What you need to know:
What winners will receive:
• The WEBBIES logo to display on their website
• Coverage in the editorial review of The WEBBIES in Flightglobal and Flight International magazine
• Coverage on the Flight International blog at the time winners are announced
• Guaranteed week-long presence on the Flightglobal homepage
• Guaranteed week-long presence on relevant channel homepage on Flightglobal
• Links from the Flight e-newsletters
• Opportunity to post 2min video profiling their winning site on the Flight blog
• Entry/nominations open on 5 December 2011
• Entries/nominations close on 13 January 2012
• Judging period during 18-25 January 2012
• Winners announced during 30 January-3 February 2012
1. Best mobile app
2. Best advertising campaign of the year
3. Best blog
4. Best use of social media
5. Best website
Source: Flight International