A picture is worth a thousand words and with this mantra in mind we have assembled together the top ten image based stories of the year. From first flights to programme exclusives, 2009 has certainly been a busy year.
Here's the most popular image stories from 2009:
10. Global 5000 blasts through fence at Wichita test site
A Bombardier Global 5000 test aircraft crashed into the blast fence at the airframer's facility in Wichita, Kansas on 20 January while conducting static engine ground runs. There were no injuries to the crew on board.
9. General Atomics reveals Predator C Avenger UAV
General Atomics Aeronautical Systems released the first public images and the new name of its Predator C "Avenger" unmanned air vehicle.
8. A350 XWB cutaway model shows options for interior design
Airbus showed off a new cutaway 1:120 scale model of its A350 XWB at the Aircraft Interiors show in Hamburg.
7. Engine surge appears connected with Emirates tailscrape take-off
An Emirates Airbus A340
received extensive damage during its take-off from runway 16 at Melbourne
on 20 March.
6. Dreamdiner set to grace LA skies
A consortium of Hollywood movie stars has confirmed an order for a single Boeing 787
which it plans to use as a flying restaurant. Of course, this was an April Fool's story but it still proved to be quite popular and caught a few people out.
5. Boeing 787 Dreamliner lifts off on maiden flightBoeing
completed the maiden flight of its flagship 787 Dreamliner
on the 15th December, the world's first majority composite jetliner.
4. EXCLUSIVE PICTURE: British Airways A318 all-business cabin revealed
British Airways showed, for the first time, the interior cabin layout of the all-business Airbus A318s it will use on transatlantic routes from London City Airport from September. This image shows
3. PICTURES & VIDEO: Airbus reveals definitive A350 XWB design
Airbus formally revealed the definitive design of the A350 XWB. Two large scale models of the revised design show the twin-jet's latest shape, the most significant of which is the new-look nose.
2. PICTURES: Victor bomber accidentally becomes airborne during taxi demo
An unusual incident occured at an air show during which a Handley Page Victor bomber unexpectedly became airborne during a high-speed taxi demonstration.
Bruntingthorpe's Victor, XM715, had been participating in the 3 May event when it apparently reached a height - based on photographic evidence - of at least 20-30ft.
1. PICTURES: Boeing unveils upgraded F-15 Silent Eagle with fifth-generation features
In March, Boeing revealed a new F-15 prototype aimed at the international market with such "fifth-generation" add-ons as radar absorbent coatings, internal weapons carriage and integrated digital avionics, plus featuring a distinctive V-tail.