Singapore Technologies Aerospace (ST Aero) and FR Aviation (FRA) have signed a joint venture agreement to establish a heavy maintenance facility at FRA's Bournemouth Hurn base in the UK. Named Bournemouth Aerospace Engineering, ST Aero will hold a 60% majority stake and FRA the remaining 40%. The company plans a £9 million ($13 million) investment in the first three years, with ST Aero providing £5.4million and FRA £3.6million. The company will initially lease a 8,500m2 hangar, and offer maintenance and modification of narrowbodies including the Airbus A320, Boeing 727, 737 and MD-80. SAS Component has signed a long-term component maintenance deal with Norwegian Air Shuttle covering its fleet of six Fokker 50s. New Belgian long-haul airline VG Airlines has signed a €14.8 million ($12.9 million) contract with Sabena Technics covering full maintenance of its three Airbus A330-200s.

Source: Flight International