- The US Army has awarded EADS North America a $170 million contract to supply a further 34 UH-145 light utility helicopters, increasing its total order for the type to 42.
- The Royal Netherlands Air Force will receive 20 Northrop Grumman/Rafael Litening AT targeting pods between 2007 and 2009 to equip its Lockheed Martin F-16 fighters. The deal could be valued at up to $40 million.
- The US Army has awarded Lockheed Martin a $42 million contract to equip its surveillance aircraft fleet with new-generation communications location equipment. The deal covers the supply of 40 systems by 2009.
- The Swedish air force has signed a two-year contract to conduct instrument procedure and tactical instrument training using SAS Flight Academy's full flight simulator for the Bell 212/412 utility helicopter.
- Westar Aerospace & Defense has received a US Army contract worth $2.7 million to provide technical support services at up to nine sites in the USA and Germany for a project to restore combat helicopters returning from duty in Afghanistan and Iraq to a deployable condition.
- Sikorsky will equip the Turkish navy with a further 17 S-70B Seahawk helicopters under a contract of undisclosed value. The service, which already operates seven Seahawks, will receive its new aircraft from 2009.
- Lockheed Martin has received a $68.9 million contract to provide upgrade kits by September 2007 to support the US Navy's Lockheed P-3C anti-surface warfare improvement programme. L-3 Communications has also been awarded $5.9 million to replace structural material on the outer wings of three P-3s.
- General Atomics Aeronautical Systems has awarded Thielert a contract to enhance the capabilities of the diesel engine for the US Army's Warrior unmanned air vehicles.
- The Chilean navy has ordered an L-3 Wescam MX-15 electro-optical/infrared sensor turret for its Eurocopter SH-32 Cougar.
Source: Flight International