- Lockheed Martin will provide Arrowhead modernised target acquisition designation sight/pilot night vision sensors for the Israeli air force's Boeing AH-64D Apache Longbow attack helicopters under a new upgrade deal.
- The US Air Force has awarded Boeing a $115 million contract for Lot 12 production of more than 4,900 JDAM guided weapon kits for the service and the US Navy.
- Eurocopter has received contracts worth a combined €116 million ($171 million) to produce two AS532AL Cougar transport helicopters for the Spanish army and three for the country's Military Emergency Unit.
- Thales has received a contract of undisclosed value to manufacture Mode 4 identification friend-or-foe systems for 68 Swedish air force Saab JAS 39 Gripen fighters. The company will also upgrade IFF systems already installed on Gripens operated by the Czech Republic, Hungary and Sweden. n Sabena Technics has been awarded a 78-month contract to provide maintenance services for the French air force's fleet of three Airbus A310 transports.
- Rockwell Collins has received a second-phase contract from Thai Aviation Industries to provide a communications, navigation, surveillance and air traffic management upgrade for six Royal Thai Air Force Lockheed Martin C-130 transports. The companies are upgrading a further six C-130s for Thailand under an earlier award.
Source: Flight International