With just over ten weeks to go, Reed Exhibitions is at Paris to share the final plans for the Asian Aerospace International Expo and Congress. The event is the largest dedicated civil aerospace gathering on the international industry calendar with a major Asia Pacific-wide visitor and business delegation promotion programme now underway.
The flagship show – which used to be held in Singapore - will make its pioneer move to a brand new location in Hong Kong from September 3-6. The venue is the AsiaWorld-Expo - arguably the world’s most easily accessible aerospace exhibition venue, alongside Hong Kong International Airport.
The trade-only event will feature more than 500 participating companies from more than 20 countries, with 12 national pavilions.
More than 400 delegates are expected to attend Congress’s opening Executive Sessions, which will feature speakers at ministerial and director-general level. Organised in partnership with the Flight group sessions they will cover air transport strategy and operations, and aerospace technology. Aircraft Interiors Expo Asia, Air Freight Asia, and APATS will also stage specialist conference programmes on their respective industry sectors.
Some of the key confirmed congress speakers include:
- Norman Lo – director general of Hong Kong Civil Aviation Department (CAD)
- Tony Tyler – chief executive designate Cathay Pacific Airway
- Steve Miller - chief executive officer of Oasis Hong Kong Airlines
- Ashley Smout – chief executive Airways New Zealand
- Larry Dickenson – vice president sales Boeing
- Tony Fernandes – chief executive of Air Asia
- Robert Martin, managing director and chief executive of Singapore Aircraft Leasing Enterprise (SALE)
- Tony Davis - chief executive of Tiger Airways
- Andrew Herdman – director general, Association of Asia Pacific Airlines.
Special business delegation packages to the show are being organised in a number of countries throughout the Asia Pacific region in conjunction with the Official Carrier of the Show, Cathay Pacific Airways, which is offering travel packages for business delegations and registered visitors.
The business delegations will be provided with VIP access to the exhibition, congress and special events, and also with business matching and meeting services coordinated by the show organisers.
Reed Exhibitions has brought together a number of complementary events under the umbrella of Asian Aerospace, through organic growth, acquisitions, and commercial collaboration.
Specialist Master Classes will also be held to complement the main Congress themes, and will include tracks on Business Aviation, Aircraft Finance, Maintenance, and East-West Technology Partnerships.
Some of the confirmed speakers for the Business Aviation Master Class include:
- Chuck Woods, chief executive officer, Jet Asia and chairman, Asian Business Aviation Association
- Jason Liao, sales director - North Asia, Hawker Beechcraft and deputy chairman, Asian Business Aviation Association
- Judith Moreton, managing director, Skyjet International
- Chris Buchholz, executive director and chief operating officer, Metrojet.
Source: Flight Daily News