The Indonesian police force is evaluating three proposals for small turboprops as part of a $31 million procurement of rotory and fixed-wing patrol aircraft.

EADS is pitching the Casa 235, Raytheon the Beechcraft 1900D and PZL Sokol the M-28 Skytruck. The three were notified last month that they had been shortlisted, while several companies, including the Czech Republic's Let, were not chosen.

On the helicopter side, the Eurocopter EC120, Enstrom 480B and Schweizer 333 have been shortlisted. The Robinson R44 Raven II, Bell 206B, Kamov Ka-226 and Changhe Z-11 have been eliminated from the competition.

The force plans to place $14 million in fixed-wing orders and $17 million in helicopter orders after selecting platforms later this month. Manufacturers must provide as many aircraft as they can at these prices, plus training, maintenance, hangars and heliports. They anticipate the budget will allow two turboprops and 10 to 17 helicopters.

Indonesia is providing 15% of the funds up front and has a loan from the US Export-Import Bank for the remaining 85%.

Source: Flight International