SIA Engineering (SIAEC) and NokScoot have formed a line maintenance joint venture in Thailand.

NokScoot will hold 51% in the joint venture and SIAEC the remaining 49%, which will commence operations at Bangkok Don Mueang International Airport and then expand to other airports.

“We are delighted to partner NokScoot for this line maintenance joint venture in Thailand,” says SIAEC chief executive Png Kim Chiang.

“The joint venture will allow SIAEC to support NokScoot’s growing fleet in Thailand and grow SIAEC’s existing network of Line Maintenance International stations to 34 airports in seven countries outside Singapore.”

The initial capital of the joint venture will be Bt64 million ($2 million). NokScoot will subscribe to Bt32.5 million, and SIAEC Bt31.2 million.

NokScoot is 49% owned by Scoot Tigerair, a unit of SIA.

Separately, SIAEC has entered a new two-year service agreement with parent SIA, with an option to extend it an additional two years.

“SIAEC’s support of the SIA’s fleet covers a broad spectrum of maintenance, repair and overhaul and fleet management support services,” says the MRO firm.

Source: Cirium Dashboard