Advertising

PARIS: Airbus hikes 20-year demand outlook

Airbus has hiked its 20-year demand forecast by 5% to nearly 35,000 aircraft, compared with just over 33,000 last year.

The airframer disclosed the outlook during an event in Toulouse.

Asset Image

It states that the demand includes some 34,170 passenger aircraft and 730 freighters, with a combined value of $5.3 trillion.

Airbus expects demand for 10,100 twin-aisle aircraft – including the A330, A350 and A380 – with single-aisle types accounting for 24,810. The twin-aisle sector includes 8,686 large twinjets plus just over 1,400 high-capacity aircraft such as the A380.

With over 70% of the new-build aircraft set to be single-aisle models, some 60% will be used for growth and the remaining 40% for replacement.

Asset Image

The global passenger fleet of aircraft above 100 seats will more than double to 40,000, according to the 2017-36 forecast.

Asia-Pacific customers are set to take 41% of new deliveries, with another 20% bound for European operators. North American customers will receive 16%.

Airbus estimates that the aircraft demand will generate a requirement for 530,000 pilots and 550,000 maintenance personnel.

Get all the coverage from the Paris air show

Advertising

Advertising