Advertising
  • News
  • UK airport operator TBI acquired

UK airport operator TBI acquired

Two Spanish firms, operating as a consortium known as Airport Concessions and Development (ACDL), are to jointly acquire UK airports operator TBI after reaching agreement on a takeover bid for the company. Transport infrastructure management company Abertis, based in Barcelona, is a 90% shareholder in ACDL while the remaining 10% is held by Aena Desarrollo Internacional, a division of Spain's main airport operator. ACDL and TBI have reached agreement on the terms of a recommended cash offer to be made by banking group HSBC on behalf of ACDL. The offer covers the entire share capital of TBI and values the UK company at over £551 million ($1.03 billion). TBI operates London Luton airport, its flagship business, as well as UK airports at Cardiff and Belfast. It also operates Stockholm Skavsta and the USA's Orlando Sanford airport.

Related Content
Advertising

Advertising