Graham and Lewis discuss a bleak financial results season, as airlines count the costs of a ruinous April-June period while grappling with a bumpier-than-expected comeback in the current quarter.
The dynamics playing out in global markets are also examined, including the recovery mismatches in domestic and international sectors, the challenges presented by the ending of government support schemes, and the retrenchment of the traditional network carriers.
They also discuss the European Commission’s pending decision on a winter waiver for the 80:20 slot rule at the region’s airports, and the impact that could have on the ambitions of industry disruptors.
There are several ways to listen to the Airline Business podcast.
You can listen via the Soundcloud player above, but the easiest method is to subscribe via your usual podcast app by searching for “Airline Business”. This will ensure you get each new edition as soon as it is released, and also means you can download the podcast to listen to at your leisure.
You can also listen and subscribe via the links below:
- Apple: https://itunes.apple.com/gb/podcast/airline-business-podcast
- Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/show/4Ph6o5n8hbAH1w8oWvaln9
- Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/airlinebusinesspodcast
- Stitcher: https://www.stitcher.com/s?fid=374940&refid=stpr
- TuneIn: https://tunein.com/podcasts/News–Politics-Podcasts/Airline-Business-Podcast-p1206569
- RSS feed: http://feeds.soundcloud.com/users/soundcloud:users:572511894/sounds.rss